Official January Transfer Window Thread

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Do you think Rhodes would have scored more than our current strikers, were he playing? For me, it's would be either Rhodes or Hooper. If it's a problem with service, then it doesn't matter whether it's Rhodes, or Hooper. There is an argument that Hooper is a better team man, although it's not currently paying dividends. Me, I prefer Fletcher and Forestieri, but then, that hasn't worked either

Rhodes is far better than Hooper in the air - my opinion. His scoring record trumps most in this division over the years. Good chance he may be available too. A quartet of Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, and Forestieri should suffice. Joao doesn't appear to have the consistency we require, and we know Nuhiu's limitations. I'd sacrifice those two.

i don't agree on service issue. We're creating chances. I see conversion being more significant at the moment - that and Forestieri's iffy form. 

We should just buy all the best players in the championship, then all they have to do is put that tiny ball in that massive net every game more than the opposites, then we're on our way. 

Easy. 

Edited by RichieB

41 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Mancienne - buy

Perreira - buy

Rhodes - loan

Matias, Joao back also would help 

They havnt really helped us so far , what makes you think they will suddenly fire us to promotion ? 

7 hours ago, Oliver Read said:

It all depends on if Chansiri is willing to splash out or not. If he is then I think we need some players who won't break the bank but are on red on form at the moment:

Anthony Modeste: On absolute fire for FC Köln, he might cost about 3-4 mil but would definitely grab the goals we haven't been scoring.

Arber Zeneli: A trickly little winger that could just add a bit more flair to our game.

Raul Silva: Solid CB from Portugal that has been playing very well for Maritimo, wouldn't break the bank.

Victor Hugo Garcia Hernandez: The RB that we need, really really solid player who would make our back 4 unbelievably good.

Maybe I'm a bit optimistic...:manager:

My thought process on any post like this is basically, this guy really knows his stuff closely followed by, or he's just been playing the FM17 beta......I really want to believe it but I just can't bring myself to, that's not to say they aren't good players. lol

I think Modeste's 11 goals in 9 games in the Bundesliga means he would cost more than 3-4 mil IMO.

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Do you think Rhodes would have scored more than our current strikers, were he playing? For me, it's would be either Rhodes or Hooper. If it's a problem with service, then it doesn't matter whether it's Rhodes, or Hooper. There is an argument that Hooper is a better team man, although it's not currently paying dividends. Me, I prefer Fletcher and Forestieri, but then, that hasn't worked either

Fletch and Hoops has actually done ok. We have scored six with them in tandem.

The team has yet to score with Fletch and FF in partnership.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Fletch and Hoops has actually done ok. We have scored six with them in tandem.

The team has yet to score with Fletch and FF in partnership.

So basically, none of the permutations work, just one is a little less rubbish than the other

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

So basically, none of the permutations work, just one is a little less rubbish than the other

Hooper/Fletcher partnership has six goals in 360 minutes, so the equivalent of one and a half goals per game. That's fine.

On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 22:06, Morepork said:

My thought process on any post like this is basically, this guy really knows his stuff closely followed by, or he's just been playing the FM17 beta......I really want to believe it but I just can't bring myself to, that's not to say they aren't good players. lol

I think Modeste's 11 goals in 9 games in the Bundesliga means he would cost more than 3-4 mil IMO.

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a life so I'm not too bad with this kind of stuff...:picnic:

I don't mind a bit of FM though! 

On the topic of Modeste, he was linked with West Ham over the summer I believe for around 3 million. So maybe I am a little optimistic but surely promotion would make us forget that money!

On 3 November 2016 at 06:52, Holmowl said:

Hooper/Fletcher partnership has six goals in 360 minutes, so the equivalent of one and a half goals per game. That's fine.

Whichever way you look at it, we are failing in the attacking side of our game. It's not just a blip, we are over a third of the way through the season and we've scored just sixteen goals. It cannot be blamed on bad luck, something is wrong, either it's the balance of the side, or the players just aren't good enough.

Personally I subscribe to the former. I don't think we have the balance of the side right, and some of our recent signings have actually complicated things further. So, in that respect, I'm not sure that there's much point in spending big in the January window, certainly not without first changing the system that we play.

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Whichever way you look at it, we are failing in the attacking side of our game. It's not just a blip, we are over a third of the way through the season and we've scored just sixteen goals. It cannot be blamed on bad luck, something is wrong, either it's the balance of the side, or the players just aren't good enough.

Agreed. Carlos talks up missed chances after most games. They count for nothing. Our players need to sharpen their teeth - or get another one or two in who can finish. Right now, Hooper is the only one I'd back to bury a decent chance when it comes along. 

36 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Let's be honest, this thread won't make it to January :biggrin:

As for who I'd like - have another look at Morgan Fox who would give us a long-term solution at left back, go for a top quality right back too (though I can't really think of anyone... suggestions?)

It really isn't the full back positions we should be worrying about though, it's a chronic lack of goals that's stopped us progressing