Official January Transfer Window Thread

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

People slag off maguire as he played for them lot. Always been impressed by him, big and strong and can pick out a pass so he is exactly what we need at the moment, plus he's an owl. 

He is also a goalscoring CH.

For me though, I wouldn't want to disrupt the defense we have this season. He's more appropriate as a possible summer singing

59 minutes ago, modboy said:

People slag off maguire as he played for them lot. Always been impressed by him, big and strong and can pick out a pass so he is exactly what we need at the moment, plus he's an owl. 

Would be OK with someone who had the pace of Des Walker alongside him 

39 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He is also a goalscoring CH.

For me though, I wouldn't want to disrupt the defense we have this season. He's more appropriate as a possible summer singing

9 goals in 134 games (mainly at League One level) for Sheffield United, 0 goals in 39 games for Hull (Championship and Premier League), and 1 goal in 16 games for Wigan (Championship). 10 goals in 189 games - most of which have been in League One - I wouldn't call him a goal scoring centre half!

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

If they sell McCormack they'll sign Rhodes no problem. It's just finding a taker for McCormack that's the problem, because they also paid £12m for him and will be wanting most of it back - for a player who's just flopped with them and is the wrong side of 30.

Not sure there's a single Championship team dumb enough to take a punt on a 30 year old striker who'll be commanding a wage well over £30k, most probably £40k. 

Villa are going to be stuck with him unless one of the bottom three Prem clubs has a lapse of reason and panic buys him. 

34 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Not sure there's a single Championship team dumb enough to take a punt on a 30 year old striker who'll be commanding a wage well over £30k, most probably £40k. 

Villa are going to be stuck with him unless one of the bottom three Prem clubs has a lapse of reason and panic buys him. 

A bit in the paper the other day, suggesting Leeds were interested in both Rhodes, and McCormack

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I think your assessment is on the money there, thank goodness we stayed away.

Just now, gurujuan said:

A bit in the paper the other day, suggesting Leeds were interested in both Rhodes, and McCormack

If it's true that Woods is earning about £17k, I can't see them wanting to pay those types of wages. Still, maybe with that half-takeover the money is finally rolling in for them and they're willing to take that kind of punt. I'd be surprised though, the Monk era there has been epitomised by very smart buys for reasonable prices, I can't imagine they'd look to abandon that model

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

It's rumoured to be Ayew they are trying to sell. 

Just now, pazowl55 said:

So you have watched every single minute of every Premier league game this season.

Not quite, unless it's a match I'm completely engaged in if a team takes a 2-0 lead I will skip forward until the match becomes competitive again. There's also been the odd match where the result was spoiled (obviously watching all 10 fixtures every weekend it takes a few days to do that so hard to avoid every spoiler) in which case I'll watch the highlights.

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Every single one!? How are there enough hours in the day? 

I'm self employed ;)