Official January Transfer Window Thread

Just now, s6 owl said:

I got told by a mate yesterday that Harry Maguire is signing but I just laughed it off but since then i have also seen another couple of people mention it

Unlikely considering he's a starter for Hull these days, but as I was watching their excellent win the other day I was thinking if they did go down and we leapfrogged them there's some decent asset stripping to be had, I'd take Maguire, Robertson, Odubajo and Clucas.

Maguire is utter gash, Curtis Davies and Michael Dawson spend their time making up for his mistakes. The penalty he gave away against Bournemouth summed him up, went lumbering across the box then clumsily lunged into a challenge the attacker saw coming a mile off because he's so slow. No thanks.

Andy Robertson on the other hand - now there's a player. His ball in for Hernandez's first goal was sumptuous.

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Maguire is utter gash, Curtis Davies and Michael Dawson spend their time making up for his mistakes.

3 hours ago, ash60s said:

Maguire is poo as a CB, be better of as DCM, then he'd just be poor, and slow

Do you watch only MOTD highlights or do you watch full matches? I've seen every minute of Hull this season and Maguire is doing far better than one simple mistimed tackle for a penalty (plenty of players screw up and concede a penalty).

37 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Do you watch only MOTD highlights or do you watch full matches? I've seen every minute of Hull this season and Maguire is doing far better than one simple mistimed tackle for a penalty (plenty of players screw up and concede a penalty).

Why?

lol

43 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Do you watch only MOTD highlights or do you watch full matches? I've seen every minute of Hull this season and Maguire is doing far better than one simple mistimed tackle for a penalty (plenty of players screw up and concede a penalty).

Became a fan after the playoff final?

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Is Zac Clough still at Bolton? Mcgugan Swap deal + 250K? 

yeah he is, but right now Id go for Josh Vela because we need a midfielder more. Plus I kinda want to leave both of them at BOlton until the summer, plus send a few on loan there to help them ruin the blunts chances lol

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

how do people know about the players they want us to sign ,the big names a I can perhaps understand but the lower league types and obscure foreigners, how do they see enough of them to form an opinion .........

Its called Football Manager 2017 lol

Edited by Morepork

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

how do people know about the players they want us to sign ,the big names a I can perhaps understand but the lower league types and obscure foreigners, how do they see enough of them to form an opinion .........

Well for Bolton I live down the road from them, and my lad supports them, although its probably equal with us now, so I see a fair amount of them