Official January Transfer Window Thread

50 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

If you like your 16 oz T-Bone topped of with Melted Brie washed down with a pint of ice cold Guiness. Then Hourihans Bar, The Passage, Cork is the place to be.Hourihans.jpg 

Christ that sounds good where can I get a massive steak in Sheffield 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

STORY OF THE DAY! #SWFC striker Atdhe Nuhiu will be confirmed tonight as a #NUFC player!

You've got to admire the imagination at least

The utter b'stds. Fancy trying to unsettle our star striker using underhand methods like that. That could destroy him as a goal threat.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

need one of those on that wasteland opp the Kop

Apparantly rumours of a pub been built over there....but yeah i agree. Add a Pork Challenge which consists of giant hot roast Pork sandwiches whilst launching buckets of apple sauce at Billy Sharp whos tied to a post in the beer garden.

5 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Blackburn's Jason Lowe?

The versatile midfielder can also play right back. He's out of contract in the summer. Championship clubs including Brighton and a couple of top flight clubs have supposedly expressed an interest.

He's being linked with big teams, but when I went on the Blackburn forum they were slating him. Is he a Tom Lees - good player dragged down by the crap around him? Or are Rovers fans right? 

There has been a significant swing in the betting surrounding Jordan Rhodes' future tonight.

Sky Bet have priced the out of favour Middlesbrough forward at 1/5 to end up at Aston Villa before the end of the transfer window.

Villa and Sheffield Wednesday have been the two clubs repeatedly linked with Rhodes throughout the current window - but it now appears that Villa have jumped to the front of the queue.

3 hours ago, Coyt said:

Apparantly rumours of a pub been built over there....but yeah i agree. Add a Pork Challenge which consists of giant hot roast Pork sandwiches whilst launching buckets of apple sauce at Billy Sharp whos tied to a post in the beer garden.

Must be Hot apple sauce .... go well with piggy g**

51 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

There has been a significant swing in the betting surrounding Jordan Rhodes' future tonight.

Sky Bet have priced the out of favour Middlesbrough forward at 1/5 to end up at Aston Villa before the end of the transfer window.

Villa and Sheffield Wednesday have been the two clubs repeatedly linked with Rhodes throughout the current window - but it now appears that Villa have jumped to the front of the queue.

If Winnall continues to play in the way he did on saturday  we may well have a found a bargain alternative to Rhodes anyway 

"Worrying"

Aston Villa legend Nigel Spink believes Steve Bruce is having to sell players BEFORE he can buy any.

Speaking on BBC’s WM Football Phone In, the former Villa stopper says he fears Dr Tony Xia is calling for players to leave before new ones are signed.

Spinks stated: “I think that Steve Bruce has to finalise his own deals in January.

“The owner has stepped back, he has been quiet on Twitter.

“Only last week he was banging on about getting four in, I think Bruce is possibly going to have to finance the deals.

“That’s why Gestede, Cissokho and Gollini have gone, get the wage bill down to enable him to get anywhere near the type of signings he needs to do.

“I hope I am wrong, the owner has gone quiet, and he hasn’t been quiet since he took over at the club.

“Gestede has gone for a reason, he gives you different options tow what Villa have at the club.

“I hope something doesn’t smell, it’s a little bit worrying at the minute.”

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

"Worrying"

Aston Villa legend Nigel Spink believes Steve Bruce is having to sell players BEFORE he can buy any.

Speaking on BBC’s WM Football Phone In, the former Villa stopper says he fears Dr Tony Xia is calling for players to leave before new ones are signed.

Spinks stated: “I think that Steve Bruce has to finalise his own deals in January.

“The owner has stepped back, he has been quiet on Twitter.

“Only last week he was banging on about getting four in, I think Bruce is possibly going to have to finance the deals.

“That’s why Gestede, Cissokho and Gollini have gone, get the wage bill down to enable him to get anywhere near the type of signings he needs to do.

“I hope I am wrong, the owner has gone quiet, and he hasn’t been quiet since he took over at the club.

“Gestede has gone for a reason, he gives you different options tow what Villa have at the club.

“I hope something doesn’t smell, it’s a little bit worrying at the minute.”

Excellent