Official Owls Deadline Day Thread Rumours & Done Deal.

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Signings, I thought we only made the one, that bloke who was on loan at Preston last season. Looked pretty useful at times

I love dry humour.

If it wasn't humour I trust your honourable nature to neg yourself.

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Shame we didn't manage to get a LB in. Would have been great if we managed to sign Rhodes but deep down think we knew we wouldn't. 

I think Reach can cover at LB as well, a bit like John Harkes did on the right when we got promoted to the top flight back in 91.

Edited by York_Owl

I'm nervous about our defence.

Lees is solid, brill.

Hutch is very liable to miss 20 games a season.

Loovens is becoming injury prone and can only see that getting worse with age.

Sasso had a good game once apparently but I think I missed it. 

Semedo shouldn't even be in this list. 

Any opposition manager that saw the Leeds game will know that our fullbacks can't deal with diagonal balls and a bit of pace. 

Just hope our attacking play can make up for it as we've improved that side of the squad dramatically. 

1 minute ago, Random Task said:

Lees is solid, brill.

Any opposition manager that saw the Leeds game will know that our fullbacks can't deal with diagonal balls and a bit of pace. 

Just hope our attacking play can make up for it as we've improved that side of the squad dramatically. 

Spot on. Hunt and Pudil were desperate against Leeds.

12 minutes ago, Random Task said:

Lees is solid, brill.

I'll agree with most of that, but you are being harsh on Hutch, last season he missed what 5 games with suspension, and he doesnt pick up half as many cards playing centre half, and 3 months with glandular fever or whatever it was which could happen to anyone at any time.

Too many fans seem to think that football is like Champo Manager where you make a bid and so and so just comes in. 

In an ideal world we would have perhaps got an extra defender or a different type of central midfielder, but how do we know that such players were available and, if so, for a price that we were willing to pay? 

I'm sure that CC knows that there are a couple of areas where the squad is perhaps a little bit light (name a squad which doesn't have a shortcoming here or there), but he's obviously confident in what he's got.