what st andrews like

Last time I visited St Amdrews I got a full signed shirt, Folly Tudgay JJ the lot.

thats because we were trapped in a car park for two hours whilst their fans threw bricks over a wall, I also remember been frisked by a steward despite been about 13 or 14, all fans started kicking off because I was underage and we got moved to the front row, which was remarkably worse than my allocated seats.

Been taking both my daughters thete for years. Both been going since about 5 years old. Never had or seen any problems there.

Lots of searches on the way in. Though be aware, all fans file outo together once you leave the ground. To me this isn't a problem, but if you are the nervous sort, you may prefer a ground where they file you out separately like Barnsley or Hull.

Also be aware that the parking is extremely limited and you have very little choice but to walk in from the city centre which is about 1.5 to 2 miles. Some kids would have a problem with that. Was particularly a nightmare last season doing it in monsoon conditions.

5 hours ago, CS5swfc said:

Last time I visited St Amdrews I got a full signed shirt, Folly Tudgay JJ the lot.

thats because we were trapped in a car park for two hours whilst their fans threw bricks over a wall, I also remember been frisked by a steward despite been about 13 or 14, all fans started kicking off because I was underage and we got moved to the front row, which was remarkably worse than my allocated seats.

Don't see why anybody would object to being frisked. Scum have been known to give kids stuff to take through

40 minutes ago, Animal said:

On about going for my mine and my mates birthdays for the night out and staying over Saturday night. Any alright hotels around Birmingham city centre ? Will be about 6/7 of 

In my experience, Bullring Travelodge is perfect for several reasons:

1) It is right on the edge of the Bullring, which makes it still city centre but it is on the correct side to be that little bit closer to the ground.

2) It is also on the edge of Chinatown, which is good for food.

3) There is loads of very cheep parking in the area for around £3-4 a day.

4) The main road that runs from there to the ground has several very popular bars on it.

5 hours ago, robswfc said:

Its an absolute sh1thole. But never had any trouble

A bit harsh.

Been a few times and drove past it last week. Looks very smart from the outside to be fair and no better / worse than any of the other 'average' stadiums.

The area around it isn't the greatest, predominantly Asian (old Peaky Blinders stomping ground).

I suppose people's opinions are based on what they have experienced and i guess that one minute either way can mean the difference between finding trouble & not being aware any happened.

Also, they obviously also play in blue which can make it easier blending in before & after the game.