Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
prowl

"Back to our best today"

Recommended Posts

I'm really getting tired of Nuhiu being our first choice off the bench.  

 

It's a tacit admission that we're just going neanderthal with the gameplan from that point on.

  • Disagree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Socialist_Owl said:

I'm really getting tired of Nuhiu being our first choice off the bench.  

 

It's a tacit admission that we're just going neanderthal with the gameplan from that point on.

 

He wasn't, Hooper was. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to our best !!

Our best would have best Brentford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

 

What was your verdict on Jones, pre-sending off? 

Steady...stupid dissent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights.

 

Looked like we played well, how we didn't score more I don't know... and their goal :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

 

What was your verdict on Jones, pre-sending off? 

 

Steady, but the midfield certainly looked better for his inclusion. Mate, I don't dislike him as a signing, with Lopez leaving, we were short on numbers. He will be a useful addition to the squad once he settles in

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

 

Steady, but the midfield certainly looked better for his inclusion. Mate, I don't dislike him as a signing, with Lopez leaving, we were short on numbers. He will be a useful addition to the squad once he settles in

 

Ta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just judging by the highlights we should have been out of sight.

 

Lucky goal for them.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad everyone has calmed down a bit, the match day thread was embarrassing when they scored. CC out! Disaster! Season over! Bruce in! We played well today, particularly first half and with a bit more luck would have gone in at least one up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We were much better today, and better without Abdi in the starting line up. Not sure you could say we were back to our best, and if we were, why didn't we beat Brentford. No, we were much better, but still plenty of work to be done, in my opinion

 

Abdi is a very good CM getting some stick playing wide left.

Bannan is a very good CM getting some stick playing wide right.

 

Theme emerging.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

Abdi is a very good CM getting some stick playing wide left.

Bannan is a very good CM getting some stick playing wide right.

 

Theme emerging.

 

Yes, Im in agreement with you. Unless Carlos is going to change the system, the Abdi signing seems a strange one. He's a very good player, no doubt, but will he be able to play as part of a central two, I have my doubts

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

 

Yes, Im in agreement with you. Unless Carlos is going to change the system, the Abdi signing seems a strange one. He's a very good player, no doubt, but will he be able to play as part of a central two, I have my doubts

 

Based on how well he did centrally when he came on yesterday, I'd say very much so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to our best? No.

Much improved? Yes.

 

Abdi had his best 15 mins for us.

Jones was moving the ball well. Kept us moving better than recent games. 

Parmer offered width lacking so far this season. He was hugging the line, well up field. Exactly what Wallace/Hunt haven't been doing. Jones pinged some excellent 30/40 yard passes straight to him. Palmer played well, linked well with Bannan and Lee to create most of our better chances in first half.

FF was better. Showed some of that Rottweiler tackling back again. Was a bit selfish in shooting when (from the far end) it seemed a simple pass to Joao was on, but he probably feels that he needs a goal. 

The other forwards, all four, worked their socks off, but all the decent chances fell to Joao. 

 

Some difficult choices for Carlos in next two games.

i think we might see Abdi and Hutch in CM (if Loovens is fit). With Lee and Bannan taking wide-ish roles. True width from Palmer and Pudil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we were unlucky from the highlights. Created plenty again but for poor finishing and good defending could have won comfortably.

 

I dont think we will be at our best however until we stop playing players out of position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...