Best building in Sheffield?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Aye. It were alright when human league copied though eh?

So now you're claiming to be a trend setter to get out of it?

Well, in that case, I'm sticking with I thought you were Susanne Sulley when you offered me a spangle

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So now you're claiming to be a trend setter to get out of it?

Well, in that case, I'm sticking with I thought you were Susanne Sulley when you offered me a spangle

There's only one way out of this hole my friend! I'm going to have to change my user name.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Building? It's a frigging sports stadium, not a bleeding building. There are some thick twonks about

Niklas Pevsner says it's a building, that's good enough for me.   The ONLY football building in his Buildings Of England series (specifically the Cantilever Stand). Quite an accolade I'd say. 

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Well get tu' lane then and enjoy their lovely hotel and facilities. shame on you. lol

Having a laugh? I have a ST on the Kop and Wednesday through and through, I love Hillsborough but it needs some tlc. I was referring the Lep specifically.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

You diss'd the Old Lady and should be suitably handbagged. lol

I agree that the ground needs some work and parts are a real embarrassment (asbestos sheet roofing to the turn styles on the kop etc) but the place is steeped in history and with a decent bit of investment would be truly great again.

I'll run with the result for sentimental reasons but I too would like to put in a word for the Abbeydale Cinema. Magnificent in it's heyday.

Oh and Wenningers ruled the roost in the south side of the city for roast pork sarnies!

Edited by Utah Owl

MK is crap as well - wouldn't argue that point - though if new build housing estates that looks like the new build housing estate next door is your thing you would leave happy