Rhodes / Forestieri swap.

9 hours ago, HalfFull said:

We have signed Jones presumably because he isn't  a "'...short passing' tiptap and slightly move player".

You don't have to believe me, just listen to Sean Dyche talking about him.

Can you write it down for me please. Can't stick his gravell poo voice

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Betvictor have just slashed our odds to 6/1 for Rhodes, now 3rd favourites.

Maybe his dad's having some influence.

On 24 August 2016 at 00:46, Paolo Di Catio said:

We're not selling anybody. If DC goes back on this and sells our best asset I'd be seriously pi55ed off

Im sure if FF wants to stay, and CC wants him to, he will.

But if FF wants out then we move on by selling him and using the cash.

Guest Copthorneowl
On 22 August 2016 at 11:17, StudentOwl said:

Probably more detrimental to us than beneficial... we've got plenty of, on paper, top goalscorers already at the club... but you'd rather we swap out our best creative force for another top goalscorer. 

Too many people see a lack of goals and surmise we need a new goalscorer, when we really just need more creativity.

Of course, playing Abdi in the correct position would be a good start...

Spot on.

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Forestieri wants out, we need to replace like for like, he's a proper footballer, Rhodes is not

Firstly, if he does want out, we must absolutely get rid like a shot. A big dyck contest between DC and his agent will ruin our season.

Second, what do you think a like for like is? And then who best resembles that gap and possibly obtainable?

For me it's complicated:-

FF out - get Reach urgently

FF out and Rhodes in - get rid of Hooper too and get Reach urgently

FF stays - get Reach as LW/LB back up.

Think Ive talked myself into Reach being important!

Edited by Holmowl

1 hour ago, newbster said:

spoke a boro fan today and he has heard rumours round his way that we are talking about a swap for rhodes with forestieri

We would be worse off financially, I'm guessing Rhodes is on circa 50/60k a week which is more than what FF is on. 

If a swap is on the cards then I would envisage there being another  2 or 3 players also being moved on to reduce the wage bill to accommodate JR. If Reach is in the deal then make that 3 or 4 players. 

Guest wilyfox

I can't see FF being a Boro target, but trading him up to the premier league would probably be the best solution for us. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

I can't see FF being a Boro target, but trading him up to the premier league would probably be the best solution for us. 

How would getting rid of our most influential player benefit us?  We have no evidence that his presence at the club is having a detrimental effect, his effort on the pitch hasn't decreased.  So I see no reason to let him go.  Nor has he ever said (to our knowledge) that he wants to leave the club.

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Karanka likes 451. You could imagine Fessi on the left of that? Pace, energy, tracks back, scores goals. Managers dream?

But then you've got the same problem which caused Forrestergate. If young Lochinvar is on £50/60 a week, how would we accommodate him without causing unrest? It was bringing Fletcher in on big bucks which upset FF in the first place. I don't think FF will go anyway. Doubtless his terms have been improved behind the scenes, and they'll be announced, backdated, later on.

Guest The Claw
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:12, xploreowl said:

Is there any likelihood of this occurring? On paper it would seem to be fair enough.

EH! you his agent?