Rhodes / Forestieri swap.

11 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I just think that opposing managers saw in the Final that Wednesday's lack of physicality in midfield is the team's weakness. This was always going to happen regardless of FF, as we haven't brought in the players to change the situation.

bang on...

14 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I just think that opposing managers saw in the Final that Wednesday's lack of physicality in midfield is the team's weakness. This was always going to happen regardless of FF, as we haven't brought in the players to change the situation.

That's what David Jones has been brought in for,however you still need the players to be on form.

10 minutes ago, dnhc said:

one man won't make us a physical side...

anyway it's not just lack of physicality, our predictability is our major 'achilles' heel...

I am convinced when we hit form again, and sort out defensive cover for full backs going forward.

There is still a lot of technically gifted players in the squad, our expectations after years of watching mediocre players.

36 minutes ago, dnhc said:

'kin 'ell we hadn't enough of them...

carlositus strikes again...

To be fair to Jones, he has played in 4 promotion winning sides including 2 with Burnley. He is different to, and will add to the qualities of Bannan, Lee, FF and Abdi.

4 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

To be fair to Jones, he has played in 4 promotion winning sides including 2 with Burnley. He is different to, and will add to the qualities of Bannan, Lee, FF and Abdi.

we need something different...

FFS, how many 'short passing' tiptap and slightly move players can a club accommodate? 

We do not need any more squad changes. We have the personnel we need. What is needed now is for them all to be fit, on their game, playing in the right positions and all up to speed with CC's way of playing and with a high enough intensity.

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

we need something different...

FFS, how many 'short passing' tiptap and slightly move players can a club accommodate? 

We have signed Jones presumably because he isn't  a "'...short passing' tiptap and slightly move player".

You don't have to believe me, just listen to Sean Dyche talking about him.

Rhodes is better than what we've got, and would be a perfect fit. Problem is, we'd not appear to have the appetite to pay the money, for that level of player. We are falling behind. Our spending this summer has kept us at the same level. We needed to improve, and other clubs have overtaken us.