Rhodes / Forestieri swap.

The way things are going with FF i'd be delighted with this at the moment.

It isn't going to happen.  It's bloody fantasy.  Still, I'd take it now.

Saw the video of one bloody moron booing forestieri as he arrived at the ground.  That's not going to have done us any favours before the leeds match.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

The way things are going with FF i'd be delighted with this at the moment.

It isn't going to happen.  It's bloody fantasy.  Still, I'd take it now.

Saw the video of one bloody moron booing forestieri as he arrived at the ground.  That's not going to have done us any favours before the leeds match.

I reckon that fan is entitled to vent his anger, personally. Don't think that makes him a bloody moron. FF should expect a mixed reception after what he did. I'd never boo a player, but I don't think everyone should pussyfoot around him either. 

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I reckon that fan is entitled to vent his anger, personally. Don't think that makes him a bloody moron. FF should expect a mixed reception after what he did. I'd never boo a player, but I don't think everyone should pussyfoot around him either. 

Booing him from the stands, maybe, i wouldn't, just because i wouldn't want it to adversely affect the results of Sheffield Wednesday (I can't bring myself to sing his name again... yet), but booing him in close proximity while he's signing autographs for kids.  Silly.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Booing him from the stands, maybe, i wouldn't, just because i wouldn't want it to adversely affect the results of Sheffield Wednesday (I can't bring myself to sing his name again... yet), but booing him in close proximity while he's signing autographs for kids.  Silly.

They could boo him on the toilet for all the difference it makes. The next few weeks - if he stays - will be awkward for him. His own doing. Just have to take it on the chin, won't he.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

They could boo him on the toilet for all the difference it makes. The next few weeks - if he stays - will be awkward for him. His own doing. Just have to take it on the chin, won't he.

OK, just to get off my high horse for a second,

Maybe he needs it.  Maybe he needs a right royal reality check.  Kill or cure.  If he can't handle, off you trot to the geordies or wherever and we'll manage**.  If he's got the stomach for it and can turn the situation around he could cement himself as a bigger hero than some considered him before.

**Just to go in to that a little more.  For me, he's better as a left winger with free roam.  'Hoops and Fletch' should be the starting strikers for me and we have an abundance of talent in the midfield to cover if he's not there.  He's a great player, when he wants it, but we have a lot of really good players if he doesn't.

Personal preference would be to keep him , however if there is a bad feeling following his actions and that is actually only known by those in the squad to be fair. I would be tempted to sell especially if we could get Reach , Gnarby and say Wells for the money we recieve (loan or permanent) . 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

OK, just to get off my high horse for a second,

Maybe he needs it.  Maybe he needs a right royal reality check.  Kill or cure.  If he can't handle, off you trot to the geordies or wherever and we'll manage**.  If he's got the stomach for it and can turn the situation around he could cement himself as a bigger hero than some considered him before.

**Just to go in to that a little more.  For me, he's better as a left winger with free roam.  'Hoops and Fletch' should be the starting strikers for me and we have an abundance of talent in the midfield to cover if he's not there.  He's a great player, when he wants it, but we have a lot of really good players if he doesn't.

I agree he's a great player, certainly at this level. Not irreplaceable though. 15 goals and half a dozen assists; I'm sure his boots could be filled if needs be. The main issue is where his head's at, and rapport with rest of the group. That, we do not know. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

I agree he's a great player, certainly at this level. Not irreplaceable though. 15 goals and half a dozen assists; I'm sure his boots could be filled if needs be. The main issue is where his head's at, and rapport with rest of the group. That, we do not know. 

If its affecting the team, not going to be here long term IMHO

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, since59owe said:

If its affecting the team, not going to be here long term IMHO

Nor should he, if that's the case. 

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I just think that opposing managers saw in the Final that Wednesday's lack of physicality in midfield is the team's weakness. This was always going to happen regardless of FF, as we haven't brought in the players to change the situation.

Exactly, in a nutshell