3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just for comparison,

Forestieri got 6 assists last season.

Ross Wallace got 8 assists.

David Jones got 7 assists.

Gary Hooper got 5 assists.

Barry Bannan got 2 assists.

Kieran Lee got 3 assists.

Wallace has only managed two assists in his last 21 games for us, and I'm willing to bet more than half his assists last season came from set pieces... And didn't 3 come in one game? 

Sure, they all count regardless how they come about, but he's really not the creative force some on here make him out to be. He was fantastic for us last season and is absolutely a first-choice starter for any team top-half team, but if we want to progress moving forward we need better

8 hours ago, xploreowl said:

Is there any likelihood of this occurring? On paper it would seem to be fair enough.

would be of no benefit to us, we have goalscorers but are just not making the chances, we sit far too deep, passing everywhere but forward, our attackers must be going out of their minds.

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Forestieri is more useful to us than Rhodes.

Unless FF really wants to leave of course.

Agreed.

Unfortunately I have a gut feeling that last weeks statements & apologies were just a whitewash. He'll probably go to a premiership club for about £12-£15m & DC will say "We didn't want him to go but the offer was too good to turn down & it would be unfair to FF to stop him moving to the Premier".

46 minutes ago, debram said:

would be of no benefit to us, we have goalscorers but are just not making the chances, we sit far too deep, passing everywhere but forward, our attackers must be going out of their minds.

Against Leeds we had 4 clear cut chances (2 to FF, 1 to Hooper, and 1 to Fletcher) together with other not so good chances. The fact that we missed them all suggests to me that the attackers should also bear some of the responsibilty for the defeat. Those chances were created on the back of a less than inspiring team performance.

Better things to look forward to when our 2 new midfielders i.e. Jones and Abdi are properly assimilated into the team and hopefully the defensive frailties have been sorted.

17 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

Against Leeds we had 4 clear cut chances (2 to FF, 1 to Hooper, and 1 to Fletcher) together with other not so good chances. The fact that we missed them all suggests to me that the attackers should also bear some of the responsibilty for the defeat. Those chances were created on the back of a less than inspiring team performance.

Better things to look forward to when our 2 new midfielders i.e. Jones and Abdi are properly assimilated into the team and hopefully the defensive frailties have been sorted.

Spot on.

Sometimes you have to win when you are second best. 

Saturday was just such an occasion.

That game could have been won.

Guest wilyfox

Inclined to agree. FF crossed a line. Feels like most are on edge, wondering if there's another twist to come. Is the matter fully resolved with FF genuinely happy to stay, or has he reluctantly accepted he had no choice because of DC's resolve to keep? 

19 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

FF will be gone by weekend

And not in a swap deal for Rhodes

19 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Just gut feel and history tells us mostly players who refuse to play

get moved on very quickly.

He apologised to avoid real bad feeling. He still wants out

So you know nowt and are just stirring the pot? :columbo:

8 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

So you know nowt and are just stirring the pot? :columbo:

If stirring the pot means saying what i think then yeah

If people only posted what they actually know on here rather than opinion it would be an empty site

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

If stirring the pot means saying what i think then yeah

If people only posted what they actually know on here rather than opinion it would be an empty site

Looking at your first post it came across as ITK, only when pushed you said "gut feel" 

Therefore stirring the pot