Need balance

Hate to say it because I hate the formation due to lackibg in strikers, but the players we have recruited is crying out for 4231.

I admire Carlos for wanting to play two strikers but all our midfielders , Abdi in particular want to play in the middle and has been ineffective. We put in very few crosses and have no width.

I liked the look of FF Hooper and Fletcher yesterday late on and maybe a 433 variation at home when we need to be more attack minded or as plan B.

We have players to control midfield and full backs who can compensate with their attacking play.

Brentford play 4231, so would be a good guide to match them up. 

Westwood

Hunt 

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

Bannan

Jones 

Lee

Abdi

FF

Fletcher

Our 'attack minded' 3 are interchangeable, Wallace, Buckley could easily slot in to that position, as could Joao on the left if needed and if we are really desperate.....Helan.

Lee and Abdi could also drop into the deeper central midfield role, allowing for some rotation when needed.

Just my opinion of course, I have no coaching badges....Alan Irvine told me that.

I think in your line-up Abdi and FF would try to play the same role. Both attacking from deep. 

And you are advocating playing very narrow, using all four of our CMs.

Personally I think we need more width, not less, by playing a genuine wide left player, rather than someone like Abdi or Bannan.

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Hate to say it because I hate the formation due to lackibg in strikers, but the players we have recruited is crying out for 4231.

I admire Carlos for wanting to play two strikers but all our midfielders , Abdi in particular want to play in the middle and has been ineffective. We put in very few crosses and have no width.

I liked the look of FF Hooper and Fletcher yesterday late on and maybe a 433 variation at home when we need to be more attack minded or as plan B.

We have players to control midfield and full backs who can compensate with their attacking play.

Brentford play 4231, so would be a good guide to match them up. 

Westwood

Hunt 

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

Bannan

Jones 

Lee

Abdi

FF

Fletcher

Our 'attack minded' 3 are interchangeable, Wallace, Buckley could easily slot in to that position, as could Joao on the left if needed and if we are really desperate.....Helan.

Lee and Abdi could also drop into the deeper central midfield role, allowing for some rotation when needed.

Just my opinion of course, I have no coaching badges....Alan Irvine told me that.

Good shout mate...something needs changing

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think in your line-up Abdi and FF would try to play the same role. Both attacking from deep. 

And you are advocating playing very narrow, using all four of our CMs.

Personally I think we need more width, not less, by playing a genuine wide left player, rather than someone like Abdi or Bannan.

Completely agree, my suggestion was to get the best from the players we have been picking. I would much rather see 442 with proper wingers.

I don't know why managers get this in such a mess. Either pick a formation to play and recruit accordingly. Or, pick a formation that suits the players you have. Don't play players out of position. No excuse for it. Central midfielders don't play on the wong. This has been one of England's downfalls for years, picking players and trying to shoehorn them in. Pick your best 11 for the positions you have, the rest are subs. Simple as. It's called competition.