Nuhiu

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I wonder how long you're going to be banging the Hooper drum

I was saying in matchday chat today, we have one of the most prolific goalscorers the Championship has ever seen... and he can't score for us. 4 in his last 14, and he does very little else when he doesn't score.

No doubt he'll score once he gets match fit, but as I said almost a month ago now, I don't expect that to be until the end of September. 

I think most of us, perhaps including you (?) would think it likely that Hooper and Fletcher are likely to be an excellent partnership.

So far we have seen them together for 58 minutes at Burton and the second half today. Although today it looked like some sort of 433 once Wallace went off.

I do think, yes, that the sooner we see a settled front two pairing of Hooper and Fletcher we should see a balanced side, with goals and wins.

Christ I hope so.

Just now, robowl4life said:

Beat Cambridge didn't we...

Sorry, let me rephrase then! We are MORE LIKELY to win when Atdhe Nuhiu plays.

Can someone get some stats on this thread please?

You're probably one of them who just loves a scapegoat:ghoulguy:

I was actually hoping Nuhiu had been left out of the squad because someone had tabled an offer. To be fair he has occasionally been worth bringing on to change games but the success rate has been small, too small to justify a place in the squad. Bottom line, he doesn't score goals even when it's as hard to miss. 

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

I was actually hoping Nuhiu had been left out of the squad because someone had tabled an offer. To be fair he has occasionally been worth bringing on to change games but the success rate has been small, too small to justify a place in the squad. Bottom line, he doesn't score goals even when it's as hard to miss. 

When Nuhiu plays we tend to win

When he doesn't we tend to not win

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Oliver Read said:

Sorry, let me rephrase then! We are MORE LIKELY to win when Atdhe Nuhiu plays.

Can someone get some stats on this thread please?

You're probably one of them who just loves a scapegoat:ghoulguy:

Because Nuhiu is the answer to all our prayers ain't he... Not the fact the Bazza has been very average, Hooper not fit, Wallace not good enough and players like Abdi and Buckley played out of position... 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Wouldnt surprise me,  first time

ive seen him play for us today to be fair and like I said... Wasn't impressed at all 

Nuhiu still has a lot to offer for me,obviously he's just one of them players that Wednesday fans love to hate but I've rarely seen him have as little impact in a game like Fletcher did today 

Fletcher created good chances for FF and Hooper today.

He put over one of our very few decent crosses early first half.

He won lots of headers.

He hit a shot a yard wide.

He got us to the bye line for our only pull back across the box.

He Was a handful all day.

Class and will create loads. My only concern is we need him to score 12/15 and he has never done this, though he has come down a level.  I think he will.

7 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Because Nuhiu is the answer to all our prayers games ain't he... Not the fact the Bazza has been very average, Hooper not fit, Wallace not good enough and players like Abdi and Buckley played out of position... 

Well why not think like a manager?

Let Hooper regain fitness and use Nuhiu until he does. The big man gives 100% effort whenever he steps on the pitch and games like these are ones which cry out for the passionate Players, just like Nuhiu.

Funnily enough, I suggested a big man for the midfield too but I was laughed at...

Edited by Oliver Read