What TV Series are you watching?

The Batman

On 08/01/2017 at 12:10, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone else watching the new series of Sherlock? Quite enjoyed the first episode last week. Really really hope Moriarty is in this series at some point. 

Watched them both....excellent. Toby Jones makes a brilliant villain.

Interesting that this started more or less the same time as Elementary on Sky with Jonny Lee Miller as Holmes. That too was excellent for the first couple of series but has gone rapidly downhill....the sort of typical American formulaic rubbish that you could fit into virtually any of their cop shows. 

Wife and I watched that this week, was superb.

Just finished Paranoid (ITV or Netflix), was superb, some great acting especially from Indira Varma and Robert Glenister who were cast against type, be interesting if it gets renewed, thought it worked really well how it combined the Germany stuff as well.

3 episodes left of Dexter - genuinely gutted. I've got a feeling it's going to have a poor ending though

Need to find some more things now though. Just started Person of Interest, which seems to be ok 3 episodes in. Shooter might be ok as well.

It's tricky finding stuff our lass will like. She's not open to anything like I am, so restricted to crime / terrorist / drugs sort of things. She likes 24, How To Get Away With Murder, Dexter, Prison Break, Breaking Bad, Homeland. If anyone has any suggestions then feel free to shout out!

Started on American Horror Story.

Just finished Asylum.

Went for that first as I was told that the series don't run in a chronological order.

Is that right? Thinking before I pick the next one.

Thanks

Jambler, 32 years old, doesn't know what Google is

2 hours ago, smhouston said:

It's tricky finding stuff our lass will like. She's not open to anything like I am, so restricted to crime / terrorist / drugs sort of things. She likes 24, How To Get Away With Murder, Dexter, Prison Break, Breaking Bad, Homeland. If anyone has any suggestions then feel free to shout out!

So she loves crime stuff? the Australian Underbelly series is really good and a fascinating insight into modern criminal gangs over there we probably didn't know about, yeah POI was great and Shooter is very good (trying to slowly binge watch it 2-3 eps at a time, can't air it fast enough!).

Beyond that:

Banshee!!!!!

Quarry

Chicago PD

Start Up

The Blacklist

The Americans

American Crime

Murder in the First

Longmire

Goliath

The Night Of

Edited by Grimbarian

On 1/23/2017 at 11:30, jambler said:

Started on American Horror Story.

Just finished Asylum.

Went for that first as I was told that the series don't run in a chronological order.

Is that right? Thinking before I pick the next one.

Thanks

Jambler, 32 years old, doesn't know what Google is

Each series is a totally different story and setting. Many of the same actors different characters.

44 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Has anyone tried Shooter on Netflix? Worth a watch? 

If you look up a couple of posts it's mentioned, it's brilliant IMO, have the last three episodes to watch, glad it was renewed, season 2 will air this summer apparently.

2 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

If you look up a couple of posts it's mentioned, it's brilliant IMO, have the last three episodes to watch, glad it was renewed, season 2 will air this summer apparently.

Thanks, think I will start that over the next few days. Had a quick scan and couldn't see it mentioned, my eyes aren't what they use to be :-)