What TV Series are you watching?

The Batman

On 06/01/2022 at 06:37, edmontonowl said:

Finished Stay Close.

Was going to give this 7EOs/10 but there was something not quite right so I'm dropping my rating to 6.7EOs/10

Overall, it's OK with some good twists but....

Reveal hidden contents

there seemed to be some gaps in explaining how everything connected and the end seemed very rushed, seemingly in an effort to wrap all the strands together. I thought some of it could 've been done sooner. But there you go

Yes certain things that didn’t tie together. But quite enjoyable even if the acting was poor for the most part.

Giri/Haji on Netflix 

Surspringly good.  Not heard anything about it, but saw Kelly Mcdonald in it so gave it a go 

Great acting.  Some weird interludes but actually didn't mind the end one, found it quite emotive  ( don't want to give too much away)

1 minute ago, Kate said:

Giri/Haji on Netflix 

Surspringly good.  Not heard anything about it, but saw Kelly Mcdonald in it so gave it a go 

Great acting.  Some weird interludes but actually didn't mind the end one, found it quite emotive  ( don't want to give too much away)

Yeah, watched it a bit back. iPlayer I think.

I really enjoyed it.

I have actually been watching Korean dating shows. Didn't think anyone on here would be interested as it's quite niche.  I really enjoyed Singles inferno, mainly for the cultural differences to our dating shows.

They are so reserved and respectful, it's actually really refreshing to watch. Almost,  uplifting. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kate said:

Giri/Haji on Netflix 

Also thought it wasn't too bad.

Different as well with the Japanese connection and some different shooting locations in Japan.

Decent story.

On 10/01/2022 at 17:48, cazzaswfc said:

We all needed to know how he escaped the sarrlacc put though.

I'm in the s'ok camp, hoping it picks up,  in addition I can't help comparing it to Mandalorion.

Watched episode 3 last night, it is starting to really suck, the kids on mopeds sucked big time, was like trying to spoof back to the future badly.

Doesn't come close to Mandalorian despite same style and feel of the flow

Disney should abandon mission now and cancel any more shows

Watching The Innocent on Netflix. A Spanish (dubbed) drama from the Harlan Coben stable.

We actually watched the first episode months back and found the American dubbed voices so awful we ditched it. But we've tried again and whilst they're still awful the storyline more than makes up for that. Very convoluted but not so much that you can't piece it all together. Really worth a watch....and sticking with it!

• Love 1

The boys, my god I absolutely love it. Becoming my favourite series. Just finished the first season. Karl urban is brilliant init, wouldn’t think it’s the same guy in Thor ragnorok 

Edited by Mr. Chow

9 hours ago, Jimothy said:

Watched episode 3 last night, it is starting to really suck, the kids on mopeds sucked big time, was like trying to spoof back to the future badly.

Doesn't come close to Mandalorian despite same style and feel of the flow

Disney should abandon mission now and cancel any more shows

Yup, will carry on but feels like two separate stories, neither of them good

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 20:17, cazzaswfc said:

Yup, will carry on but feels like two separate stories, neither of them good

Seems more bothered about cramming in Easter eggs, and fanwankery. 

Seems that we're even going to see 

Spoiler

Boba Fett riding a rancor

Just getting round to season 3 of The Wire. 

Phenomenal program, can’t believe how late to the party I am.

The sub-plots are great. Not too much detail but, enough to enhance each character.

Mcnulty really is an irritating test you just can’t help but like isn’t he?

• Like 2

On 15/01/2022 at 18:07, 0wl18 said:

Just getting round to season 3 of The Wire. 

Phenomenal program, can’t believe how late to the party I am.

The sub-plots are great. Not too much detail but, enough to enhance each character.

Mcnulty really is an irritating test you just can’t help but like isn’t he?

Season 4 is one of the best seasons of TV of all time imo. Top 3 TV show. 

On 13/01/2022 at 19:07, Mr. Chow said:

The boys, my god I absolutely love it. Becoming my favourite series. Just finished the first season. Karl urban is brilliant init, wouldn’t think it’s the same guy in Thor ragnorok 

That's an attempt from Karl Urban to do a British accent, still brilliant? lol

New series starts soon-looking forward to it

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

That's an attempt from Karl Urban to do a British accent, still brilliant? lol

New series starts soon-looking forward to it

you know what, at first it was grinding on me a lot, but eventually you do find it funny. Sounds more like an aussie 

Buzzing for the new season, wish I didn't smash them all in four days...

Edited by Mr. Chow
  • Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 14:46, fredmciverslovechild said:

Watching The Innocent on Netflix. A Spanish (dubbed) drama from the Harlan Coben stable.

We actually watched the first episode months back and found the American dubbed voices so awful we ditched it. But we've tried again and whilst they're still awful the storyline more than makes up for that. Very convoluted but not so much that you can't piece it all together. Really worth a watch....and sticking with it!

Most enjoyable thing ive watched on Netflix for ages.