What TV Series are you watching?

The Batman

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

The Wheel of Time has got better. Four episodes in and it's still watchable. Some of the main characters need to be a bit less boring though. Not enough development in them so far.

I watched Episode 2 a few days ago. An improvement on E1 (which nearly caused me to give up) but I'm still not convinced. As you say, the characters are weak and unconvincing. I'm also finding the acting a bit wooden and some of the dialogue risible. I do think it would benefit from some GoT style multi-stranded plotting.

27 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I watched Episode 2 a few days ago. An improvement on E1 (which nearly caused me to give up) but I'm still not convinced. As you say, the characters are weak and unconvincing. I'm also finding the acting a bit wooden and some of the dialogue risible. I do think it would benefit from some GoT style multi-stranded plotting.

I've watched all four and I was the same as you after the first two. Lets be honest, Rosamund Pike is always this wooden but I think her character is meant to be pretty stoic so it's passable. Three and four were definitely an improvement but it's not gripped me yet. 

Funnily enough it does split into different strands from episode three.

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

I've watched all four and I was the same as you after the first two. Lets be honest, Rosamund Pike is always this wooden but I think her character is meant to be pretty stoic so it's passable. Three and four were definitely an improvement but it's not gripped me yet. 

Funnily enough it does split into different strands from episode three.

I did wonder. The end of E2 implies they become separated. I shall persist......

23 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Invasion on Apple TV is really good, I’ll let you guys know when the season finishes so it’s bingeable on a trial

Yeah I've been sticking each new one in a folder ready to watch 🙂 I assumed it's 10 episodes so the final one is on Friday.

• Like 1

Landscapers.

Olivia Colman & David Thewlis.

4 parts, Sky.

True story about a couple found guilty of murder. That’s not a spoiler - we are told that in the very first minute. 

Remarkable unique tv. It’s weird, especially the first 15 minutes. Don’t give up on it because of its oddness - it’s brilliant.

Tip - don’t miss the end credits of each episode!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Tip - don’t miss the end credits of each episode!

Are there no spoilers for the next episode? Absolutely detest that, do they think I'm so stupid if they don't show me what happens next episode I might not bother to watch after all?

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Are there no spoilers for the next episode? Absolutely detest that, do they think I'm so stupid if they don't show me what happens next episode I might not bother to watch after all?

No. 

Each episode ends with actual news footage. 

Edited by Holmowl