What TV Series are you watching?

The Batman

Has anyone started watching The Wheel of Time? Watched the first episode and it was ok.

I have no knowledge of the books but apparently there are loads of them and they have sold millions. Seems like it's a bit Lord of the Rings style fantasy epic with magic and all that. 

The author died but at least he left notes so someone else could finish his books. (Hint fucking hint GRRM)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Has anyone started watching The Wheel of Time? Watched the first episode and it was ok.

I have no knowledge of the books but apparently there are loads of them and they have sold millions. Seems like it's a bit Lord of the Rings style fantasy epic with magic and all that. 

The author died but at least he left notes so someone else could finish his books. (Hint fucking hint GRRM)

Read first book and watched first episode. Thought that both were ok, although nothing special with mauch better fantasy series out there. I will watch first season of tv show, but don't plan on reading any more books. 

4 hours ago, malek said:

Read first book and watched first episode. Thought that both were ok, although nothing special with mauch better fantasy series out there. I will watch first season of tv show, but don't plan on reading any more books. 

I've looked and there are 14 books! I'll pass on that I think. Definitely going to give the TV show a go. They've already started filming the second series, Amazon must be pretty invested in it. 

21 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I wasn't impressed. In fact I thought it was laughably bad at times.

Apparently this is Amazon's attempt at a Game of Thrones style fantasy epic. If that's true, they need to raise their game. Apparently the budget was huge, which makes me wonder what they spent it on.

I'll persist for a few episodes to see if it draws me in.

5 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I wasn't impressed. In fact I thought it was laughably bad at times.

Apparently this is Amazon's attempt at a Game of Thrones style fantasy epic. If that's true, they need to raise their game. Apparently the budget was huge, which makes me wonder what they spent it on.

I'll persist for a few episodes to see if it draws me in.

Until Game of Thrones became huge, these were the best known fantasy series this side of Lord of The Rings.

Not that they were ever close to my top 5, though.

Watched 2'nd episode and liked it more than I did first. Hope it keeps getting better.

On 23/11/2021 at 22:10, Paul.. said:

It wasn't a documentary 🙂

I get that.  But I worked at CPS at the time and the idea that senior prosecutors would leave the office and talk to witnesses would end up with every case being thrown out.  Actual real-life UK law & order is pretty dull.  I assume the US is similar but I have no reference point there so I could enjoy it.

10 hours ago, Big Malc said:

I get that.  But I worked at CPS at the time and the idea that senior prosecutors would leave the office and talk to witnesses would end up with every case being thrown out.  Actual real-life UK law & order is pretty dull.  I assume the US is similar but I have no reference point there so I could enjoy it.

Yeah if you're a cop or lawyer you're going to hate 99.9999% cop/lawyer shows that's just the way it is unfortunately. The US versions of Law & Order are very similar in structure, end of the day it's about going from crime happening to conviction in 43 minutes whilst progressing the story of the main characters, lot to squeeze in 🙂