What TV Series are you watching?

The Batman

On 25/10/2021 at 10:12, Night King said:

Finally finished sneaky Pete after what seems like years of viewing. Bits of it excellent but a bit meh in large parts. Just read it got cancelled too. 

Disappointed to read that, we binged them this year and really enjoyed them

On 09/11/2021 at 07:56, Paul.. said:

Have been watching and thoroughly enjoying Vinny Jones as an Albanian mobster in Law & Order: Organized Crime, he's a revelation in it!

Massive Law & Order fan here - well, the early ones pre-LA and several of the SVU which have gone on far too long.  

What channel is this one on?

12 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Massive Law & Order fan here - well, the early ones pre-LA and several of the SVU which have gone on far too long.  

What channel is this one on?

I couldn't tell you sorry I get them through non-traditional methods 😉

I'm also a massive L&O fan, have watched every episode they've ever aired going back to the first ever episode in 1990! Did you see they're rebooting the original Law and Order? Still early days so not completely confirmed all the cast etc: https://tvline.com/tag/law-order/

9 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

I'm also a massive L&O fan, have watched every episode they've ever aired going back to the first ever episode in 1990! Did you see they're rebooting the original Law and Order? Still early days so not completely confirmed all the cast etc: https://tvline.com/tag/law-order/

I like Law & Order, but absolutely love SVU.

Great to hear that they are making revival of original series.

The Haunting of Bly Manor 9/10

Got it highly recommended, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Beautifully and subtly told ghost story that holds together very well and answers all its questions. It is bit slow in places, but it more than makes up for it with its beautiful and atmospheric imagery, clever writing and some excellent performances, especially from two young actors.

5 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Hang on - I get confused with re-boots, re-makes and re-starts. 

Are they re-starting the original one, but with new characters (as some are sadly no longer with us)?

The other week I caught most of the 1 hour 30 minutes documentary called Hiroshima: The Real History (also called Hiroshima: The Aftermath.) on the PBS channel. I learnt a lot of new stuff about it all that hasn't been in other documentaries, it mainly looked at the civilian point of view in the days/weeks/months/years after. It's a grim but interesting watch.  

• Thanks 1

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

18 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Hang on - I get confused with re-boots, re-makes and re-starts. 

Are they re-starting the original one, but with new characters (as some are sadly no longer with us)?

AFAIK it will be Law & Order Season 21 Episode 01 to air February 2022, TVDB has it listed in the original show's entry: https://thetvdb.com/series/law-and-order

• Like 1

14 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

I watched that 3-parter "Time" over the weekend - Sean Bean, Stephen Graham.

Very well-made and performed. Anyone else see it?

Yeah it got heavily discussed in a separate thread 

And yes it was superb, and despite being a Blunt thought he was excellent in it, he's actually a pretty decent actor to be fair...

• Like 2

I have been watching 'The Larkins' a remake of 'Darling Buds of May' from ITV

Its a comedy drama of a fantasy of village life Kent in the 1950s

I know it has had a bit of stick but I thought it was quite enjoyable.

I think people thought it a bit daft have some BAME characters playing some roles and thought it was a bit box ticking.

Didn't bother me as it wasn't supposed to be realistic.

The women who played the same role as Catherine Zeta Jones was just right for the role, she was so beautiful!

Bradley Walsh was ok but no David Jason.

10 hours ago, Paul.. said:

He should have stuck to Law & Order: UK, he was excellent in that, was gutted when it was cancelled 😞

I couldn’t watch any more than a couple of episodes - it was so procedurally incorrect it used to make my teeth itch.

Saw ' Seinfeld'   had appeared on Netflix, so watching that from series 1 as it's something I'd never watched before.

It's 20 odd years old, so as intriguing for it's attitudes as it is to see how funny it is. 

Not a bad gentle ' wind down' watch...obviously not a patch on Cheers, Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens etc. 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Saw ' Seinfeld'   had appeared on Netflix, so watching that from series 1 as it's something I'd never watched before.

It's 20 odd years old, so as intriguing for it's attitudes as it is to see how funny it is. 

Not a bad gentle ' wind down' watch...obviously not a patch on Cheers, Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens etc. 

Interesting, for e Seinfeld is a class (or two)