What TV Series are you watching?

The Batman

5 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

FFS

Wife and I quite enjoyed it TBH, it's a good lunch time show before the wife's post lunch nap! If all shows were intense AAA quality we'd never get to have naps! 😉

Gangs Of London a bit late to the party with this one, been watching this with the Mrs, Christ it's brutal but so good too, I must admit I haven't thought much of Joe Cole ex Peaky Blinders in this though. We've got one more ep to go.

1 hour ago, Mat-Owl said:

Gangs Of London a bit late to the party with this one, been watching this with the Mrs, Christ it's brutal but so good too, I must admit I haven't thought much of Joe Cole ex Peaky Blinders in this though. We've got one more ep to go.

I wasn’t that impressed with it tbh. Was ok

• Like 2

Anyone watched Evil? 

Seen first episode and liked it a lot. Think I will watch at least 1'st season considering it is not a long one and I can watch it on TV at my conviniance. 

2 hours ago, malek said:

Anyone watched Evil? 

Seen first episode and liked it a lot. Think I will watch at least 1'st season considering it is not a long one and I can watch it on TV at my conviniance. 

Yeah.........................enjoyed it......solid 7.5/10.......................features a nice devlish turn from the actor who was the techy geek in person of interest.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Yeah.........................enjoyed it......solid 7.5/10.......................features a nice devlish turn from the actor who was the techy geek in person of interest.

Thanks mate, yes Emerson is a big revalation in first episode. 

Watched the first 3 episodes of Sneaky Pete on Amazon.  Got Bryan Cranston in it.  Enjoying it so far.

8 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of Sneaky Pete on Amazon.  Got Bryan Cranston in it.  Enjoying it so far.

Yep it's consistently good through its 3 season run.

17 hours ago, malek said:

Anyone watched Evil? 

Yep more brilliance from the Kings as was The Good Wife and the even better Good Fight spinoff.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I wasn’t that impressed with it tbh. Was ok

Same here. The fights looked very choreographed.For me, it was trying too hard. Maybe they were hoping the amount of graphic violence would be splashed all over the press and media and it never happens. Think I watched the first three episodes and stopped.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Just rewatched Quiz, about Millionaire winner and alleged cheat Major Charles Ingram. Great watch.

Its on Prime, but also upcoming on normal telly.

Think this has already been on ITV with Micheal Sheen playing Chris Tarrant.

Was a good watch 8/10.

On 23/07/2021 at 16:35, Screen Door Slams said:

Limetown starring Jessica Biel..........she is a journalist investigating the disappearance of a town full of neuro scientists that go missing after working on a secret project.

Pretty good.

Had high hopes for that but it got quickly cancelled so I didn't bother trying it. No idea if the story has a conclusion after the 10 episodes?

On 23/07/2021 at 19:10, edmontonowl said:

Before You Die.

Lesley Sharp

All 4

Watched ep1 last night. Looks quite good.

Croatian drug ring investigation

Binged through the rest of this. Will give it 7.5/10

Pretty good story with twists and turns to keep you guessing.

Last ep had too much over-acting for me and didn't quite hit the mark. Bit of a missed opportunity

On 23/07/2021 at 15:35, Screen Door Slams said:

Limetown starring Jessica Biel..........she is a journalist investigating the disappearance of a town full of neuro scientists that go missing after working on a secret project.

Pretty good.

I nearly switched off after the first couple of episodes. Persisted mainly because each episode is only about 30 minutes but not particularly impressed. It comes across like a bit of a low budget X-Files without the aliens or the chemistry between the main protaganists. 

On 23/07/2021 at 15:57, BIG D said:

Professor T has been recommended to me. Any good?

I watched the first episode of the original Belgian version several years ago and thought it was utter rubbish. I picked the English language remake up on the strength of Ben Miller playing the lead role, and the first in the series was OK, but absolutely nothing special. It comes across as a bit flippant, and I don't think that shoehorning a complete crime story into a 45 minite time slot really works though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1