What TV Series are you watching?

13 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Spader really is brilliant in it. Feel quite daunted but excited  I have so many episodes to watch until I get up to date. Thought the actor that played Ressler was a poor actor at first but he seems to have improved over the last few episodes. I quite like how cases don’t drag on for to long. Makes a nice change.  

Yeah Ressler, Harold, Dembe, all really decent characters as they develop and well acted 🙂

On 28/03/2021 at 20:04, 83owl said:

Sat in quarantine for 2 weeks so decided to watch breaking bad for the second time. Forgotten how unlikeable Jesse is.

They're nearly all unlikeable, I think that's why it's so good. You're always hoping Walt gets a clear run of making drugs lol

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

They're nearly all unlikeable, I think that's why it's so good. You're always hoping Walt gets a clear run of making drugs lol

Apart from Hank

On 29/03/2021 at 10:10, Adem Poric said:

The eldest kid is the son of Ben Dover. 

.....and Linzi Drew. Anyone who was an afficianado of Club International in the mid-1980's, as me and my girlfriend were, will have fond mammaries, sorry memories, of her.

On 01/04/2021 at 19:31, WalthamOwl said:

Spader really is brilliant in it. Feel quite daunted but excited  I have so many episodes to watch until I get up to date. Thought the actor that played Ressler was a poor actor at first but he seems to have improved over the last few episodes. I quite like how cases don’t drag on for to long. Makes a nice change.  

Ever watch Boston Legal?

Best comedy SAG award to Jason Sudeikis for Ted Lasso and very well deserved too!

Edited by Paul..
  • Like 2
On 04/04/2021 at 16:48, Essix Blue said:

Ever watch Boston Legal?

I haven’t. Would you recommend? 

On 02/04/2021 at 09:11, Paul.. said:

Yeah Ressler, Harold, Dembe, all really decent characters as they develop and well acted 🙂

I know I could google it but I don’t want any plots spoiling but the numbers at the beginning of each episode with the name of the next person on the blacklist, is there any relevance to the numbers? Are they just random or for example are the lower numbers, 1,2,3 etc the most dangerous/important? 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I know I could google it but I don’t want any plots spoiling but the numbers at the beginning of each episode with the name of the next person on the blacklist, is there any relevance to the numbers? Are they just random or for example are the lower numbers, 1,2,3 etc the most dangerous/important? 

I believe it's random, I don't remember any specific explanation about the numbers 🙂

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I haven’t. Would you recommend? 

Omg yes. Spader is excellent but Shatner steals it whenever he appears. 

• Thanks 1

I know I'm late to it 

But Starz been added to Disney+ elevates it to the best streaming service out there.

Currently rewatching through Atlanta for about the fourth time, I'm of the opinion it's one of the greatest shows to come out in the last few years.

I can imagine it wouldn't be very popular on here though 🤣

• Thanks 1
On 21/03/2021 at 17:41, Ellis Rimmer said:

Married at first sight Australia-Hooks you in pretty quick-but avoid it lasts near on 40 episodes.

The One-Ok

Behind her eyes-Good series

Daredevil-Not bad

Usually, get to see the last 10 minutes most nights before waiting for something else to start. Don't understand the format. It's nothing like the British version where they met on the day of the wedding pretty much in front of the vicar at the altar. After the marriage, they lived together for a month after which they either stayed together or were divorced.

I've just started watching The Strain (2014-17) (4 Seasons) and watched around half of the first season so far and I'm really enjoying it, it's basically vampires like the mutated one's from the Blade films. I think I remember reading in this thread someone mentioning it before and talking about how similar stuff is with everything what's happening now, I think it shows more too with how the world/people etc. really work if you notice it. The vampires make me shìt myself haha, I especially hate the scenes involving women/children. It has some funny moments too that made me laugh. The choice of actors/acting is good, I see myself a lot in the main one/and the rat guy. It's based on the novel trilogy by the same name created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan who also did this series. Also it features David Bradley who played Walder Frey in Game of Thrones and Argus Filch in the Harry Potter films etc. The latest episode featured a guy too who I liked in the Battlestar Galactica TV Series (2004) Aaron Douglas who played Chief Tyrol:

984268f9bd782e8060b01262c7583d74.jpg 

The Strain also has some good human stories in it as well. The trailer below is only based on the first few episodes. 

strain+2_strigoi.jpg 

1x13-The-Master-Strigoi-the-strain-fx-37  

f886a3fb72472c6fb039e0514bd0ac3b94-11-ththe-strain-107-vampire-tongue-attack.jpg 

Those pictures don't do them justice really, you also have different "higher ranked" one's as well. I recommend trying it out if you're interested in it, has anyone already seen it? 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Just finished Unforgotten - just brilliant TV.

Started Keeping Faith - only 1 episode in but not sure it’s going to be for me. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

Those pictures don't do them justice really, you also have different "higher ranked" one's as well. I recommend trying it out if you're interested in it, has anyone already seen it? 

I remember watching it when it first came out and being quite excited as I'd read and liked the books (well the first book was excellent, second and third aren't as good, but still a decent read)

I think I tailed off around mid way of season two, but have picked it back up again now it's on Disney +

• Like 1

We started Unforgotten as well this week. Series 1 was really good, series 2 was incredible tv. Emotionally drained by the end of the last series. Outstanding. 

6 minutes ago, Night King said:

We started Unforgotten as well this week. Series 1 was really good, series 2 was incredible tv. Emotionally drained by the end of the last series. Outstanding. 

Second series not last