What TV Series are you watching?

10 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Have you seen the Paradise Lost documentaries? Can't recommend them highly enough, they cover a single case over a span of 15 years or so:

Paradise Lost 1: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills (1996)
Paradise Lost 2: Revelations (2000)
Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory (2011)

There's also a 2012 documentary West of Memphis which covers the same case but the latter part of the documentary covers stuff that happened after Paradise Lost 3 so really good to watch after those three.

Many thanks; will have a look at this once we've finished the current one.

Just now, fredmciverslovechild said:

Many thanks; will have a look at this once we've finished the current one.

If you need help sourcing them drop me a PM

9 hours ago, Mickjj said:

Noticed a few actors off this in Bloodlands.

Yeah, me too. 

Watching 'Marseille'. Wasn't expecting much but it's actually pretty good. Gerard Depardieu is HUGE! Didn't think he would be much cop but he knows his acting stuff. Credit where it's due even though he seems to be not the nicest of men and currently being investigated for rape. 

Edited by Freshfish
7 hours ago, Freshfish said:

Watching 'Marseille'. Wasn't expecting much but it's actually pretty good. Gerard Depardieu is HUGE! Didn't think he would be much cop but he knows his acting stuff. Credit where it's due even though he seems to be not the nicest of men and currently being investigated for rape. 

1st series aint bad. 2nd I found a bit meh and gave up

Ahhh ... I was wondering that. Couldn't see how they would drag it into a second series. Cheers. 

2nd series is more focussed on the younger guy as he takes over from GD. It just seemed to drag. That said I should really go back in case it was better than I remember

On 04/04/2018 at 15:38, malek said:

Anyone watching The Terror ? I just started reading Dan Simmons book that it is based upon. Book is great so far, although I'm not that far into it yet.

It is telling fictionalised version of real life events where two ships got trapped in ince for 13 months on their way to find North West Passage.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:27, TheEnchanter said:

Looks good will watch. 

On 05/04/2018 at 16:05, edmontonowl said:

Good shout Malek

Franklin Expedition and all that

Terror and Erebus a fascinating piece of history.

I see BBC2 is showing this now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0954mm5/the-terror-series-1-1-go-for-broke

• Like 1

After hearing about it due to the Golden Globes awards it got I've just smashed through Ted Lasso in an evening

It's bloody great, small town American football coach managing in the Premier League.

Such a feel good TV show, every episode had me grinning like a Cheshire cat

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

After hearing about it due to the Golden Globes awards it got I've just smashed through Ted Lasso in an evening

It's bloody great, small town American football coach managing in the Premier League.

Great show, like you I powered through it. Really funny. 

26 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

We’ve been watching Superstore. It’s pretty good.

My favourite modern comedy.

39 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

My favourite modern comedy.

It has grown on me. Justin Spitzer was one of the writers on The Office (US) and you can see a lot of influences in the characters. Two main characters have feelings for each but the female is in a relationship, the manager loves his staff like a family even though they think he’s a bit stupid, Dina is basically female Dwight, etc. It works though.

We are up to the episode after the tornado (rip Brett) which I think is the end of series two. 

13 hours ago, Night King said:

Finished Narcos Mexico this week. One of those series I dip in and out of. Really good. 

I loved all the Narcos ...I was hooked on them. 😆

5 hours ago, markowl said:

Your Honor.

Watched the first 2 episodes, and really enjoying it.

Yes. Looks good this

• Like 1
On 04/03/2021 at 09:55, Gob_Bluth said:

I'd given it a miss assuming it was some banal, saccharin rubbish but based on your comment actually tried it, watched all 10 eps in 3 days, brilliant, clever, wonderful, witty, charming, endearing, fantastic, loved it, loved it! What a great antithesis to the last year and this season watching Wednesday!

It's a bit weird to say it but the, let's say "adult language" is actually a master stroke, works so well in the context of being about football/supporters etc.!

• Like 2