What TV Series are you watching?

Just finished Detectorists for my second time.

Beautiful and funny.

Clear top of my best comedy series list. I know I’ll watch again but i need to get a life and leave it for at least a year!

• Like 1

Started watching The Staircase on Netflix last night.

A real life story of a guy whose wife died after falling down the stairs and a TV crew was given immediate access to his lawyers, family and all the various meetings after he was indicted for murder. Watched the first two (of 13) last night; absolutely fascinating stuff as more and more strange secrets come out about the life of an apparently respectable man.

3 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

A real life story of a guy whose wife died after falling down the stairs and a TV crew was given immediate access to his lawyers, family and all the various meetings after he was indicted for murder. Watched the first two (of 13) last night; absolutely fascinating stuff as more and more strange secrets come out about the life of an apparently respectable man.

Man I so wish I could watch this again like I'd never seen it. It is the best true crime doc ever. I watched it about 5 years ago and it was really hard to track down, the final two episodes I actually had to buy the DVD (the horror!). 

You'll only enjoy it more and more.

• Thanks 2

Started season 2 of Snowpiercer now. 

It's a good watch. I find some of the writing it a bit cringey- eg the rousing speeches and the lines like 'we have to implement marshall law'. But the pacing is really good and it's a good concept (obviously this is derided from the film). 

One of those that is very watchable, but I'd not give a full recommendation for due to some of the hamminess. 

3 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

On 25/02/2021 at 13:38, Paul.. said:

A man after my own heart! Just started watching "Body Cam", holy shit that's some tense stuff!

Have you seen The Dissident 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Have you seen The Dissident 

No but I'll grab it 🙂 Just grabbing a bunch of Panorama I missed recently 🙂

3 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

No but I'll grab it 🙂 Just grabbing a bunch of Panorama I missed recently 🙂

I listened to a podcast about The Dissident and then watched it afterwards, It's a brilliant documentary and the journalist deserves every award and sale he gets. However, the problem is, the subject matter is too controversial for any media outlet to buy the rights. It really doesn't paint Saudi Arabia in a good light at all, the podcast tells you how Saudi Arabia have shares in Netflix, Amazon Prime Video etc...most streaming services. Too hot to touch for any of those services.

Podcast is here...

Wonder if anything will change now the US report came out, of course they're still pussying about regarding not punishing mbs in any way.

Edited by Paul..
9 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Wonder if anything will change now the US report came out, of course they're still pussying about regarding not punishing mbs in any way.

I'm really unsure how it play out, I think Turkey are also very hurt this happened on Turkish soil. Could just get brushed under the carpet tho.

On 26/02/2021 at 16:15, whatevertrevor said:

Man I so wish I could watch this again like I'd never seen it. It is the best true crime doc ever. I watched it about 5 years ago and it was really hard to track down, the final two episodes I actually had to buy the DVD (the horror!). 

You'll only enjoy it more and more.

Watched Episode 8....The Verdict....last night. Quite stunned by it, really. Having done jury service myself, though admittedly not for a murder trial, it takes some explaining.

Also watched the first episode of the follow up. Clearly this was a case that ran and ran!

• Like 1
On 21/02/2021 at 22:06, Essix Blue said:

Bloodlands- bbc1. James Nesbitt doesn’t play a copper very well - very wooden acting all round. 

I started this last night. Looks to be a decent plot but Nesbitt and his awful acting are ruining it for me.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dan27 said:

I started this last night. Looks to be a decent plot but Nesbitt and his awful acting are ruining it for me.

It doesn’t get much better mate - but an interesting development end of ep 2

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

It doesn’t get much better mate - but an interesting development end of ep 2

It was indeed.

I won't include any spoilers, but that was straight out of the Line of Duty manual of "S**t I didn't see that one coming" plot twists

• Like 2
On 22/02/2021 at 22:35, OxonOwl said:

Just watched both series of Derry Girls

Thought it was really good but probably brilliant if I could understnd the accent 100%

Noticed a few actors off this in Bloodlands.

Line of Duty new series starts Mach 21st. I hope it goes back to the better storylines of series two and four.

4 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Watched Episode 8....The Verdict....last night. Quite stunned by it, really. Having done jury service myself, though admittedly not for a murder trial, it takes some explaining.

Also watched the first episode of the follow up. Clearly this was a case that ran and ran!

Have you seen the Paradise Lost documentaries? Can't recommend them highly enough, they cover a single case over a span of 15 years or so:

Paradise Lost 1: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills (1996)
Paradise Lost 2: Revelations (2000)
Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory (2011)

There's also a 2012 documentary West of Memphis which covers the same case but the latter part of the documentary covers stuff that happened after Paradise Lost 3 so really good to watch after those three.

• Like 1