What TV Series are you watching?

On 04/02/2021 at 21:48, TheGodfather said:

Just finished re-watching the Sopranos.

What a show, but i'd forgotten how much I hate that ending.

On 04/02/2021 at 23:59, dan27 said:

I watched it originally when it was broadcast on Channel 4. I had to re-watch it on +1 as I thought something had gone wrong with the broadcast.

It did its job as everyone was talking about it. I personally liked the ending and it left it open if they ever wanted to carry on with some more.

Can’t really discuss it as it’s a spoiler, but I loved the ending. Felt frustrated for about 15 minutes while I mulled it over, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it.

Plus, when you’ve enjoyed a series so much there’s no such thing as a satisfying ending because deep down you are sorry it’s over.

• Like 3

Just finished Pembrokeshire murders (a bit slow) and Des (really enjoyed it)

Currently also rewatching Orphan Black

Cecil Hotel doc next on the list...

On 01/02/2021 at 14:38, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's one of those series that will live with you forever, isn't it?

It had it all: warmth, humour, tragedy and sheer, bleak-as-f*ck terror, sometimes all within a few minutes of each other.

We finished it last night, and I couldn't sleep for hours afterwards. What a gut-punch of a final episode. Truly haunting and yet uplifting in an odd way which I'm struggling to put into words.

There were so many incredible moments, but the one which really sticks with me for some reason is the scene on the set of 'Dr Who', and the creeping sense of dread as I realised the inevitable couldn't be ignored any longer.

On 05/02/2021 at 10:20, KivoOwl said:

Watched all of It's A Sin yesterday - absolutely amazing final episode.

Also watched this recently, best thing I've seen for ages, so well done. The final episode was great but episode 3 did me in, me and the wife were just silent for ages after like we were in mourning!

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Bottler Owl said:

Also watched this recently, best thing I've seen for ages, so well done. The final episode was great but episode 3 did me in, me and the wife were just silent for ages after like we were in mourning!

Was that the Colin episode?

That one really got to me, too. There was that really brief little scene as he opened up the copier place for the morning, looking chuffed to bits and accompanied by some incongruous music, and I turned to my wife and said 'Oh God - I can't watch if anything bad happens to Colin', and then...urgh.

Heartbreaking.

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Was that the Colin episode?

That one really got to me, too. There was that really brief little scene as he opened up the copier place for the morning, looking chuffed to bits and accompanied by some incongruous music, and I turned to my wife and said 'Oh God - I can't watch if anything bad happens to Colin', and then...urgh.

Heartbreaking.

Yeah!

• Like 1

Started watching Star Trek The next generation the other day.

There were nowt on and it was just there...

Now just finished series one.

I think I'm hooked.

FFS

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I remember really enjoying Next Generation as a kid. It's the only Star Trek I've ever got into.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I remember really enjoying Next Generation as a kid. It's the only Star Trek I've ever got into.

It were one of them nights, kids were messing about at bedtime,  kitchen were a mess. By the time I were settled it was a bit late to start looking for a film or owt. I saw Trek and thought "-Wey, I'll give it 5 minutes."

I ended up watching 3 (so probably would have had time for a film!)

I was straight into it. Our lass has started watching it with me. And she's usually not bothered about owt like that. 

Good news is. I've 150 odd episodes to go at, should keep me distracted and stop me mind wandering for a bit!

First thing I noticed. They're all wearing red. 

When I was a kid and they used to show old star trek. I'm sure it was a running joke the guys in red that beamed down always died. 

So I wondered if this was like an in-joke/nod to that. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Finished It's a sin last night. Absolutely brilliant.

It paints parents from that time in a pretty poor light

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

Started watching Star Trek The next generation the other day.

There were nowt on and it was just there...

Now just finished series one.

I think I'm hooked.

FFS

First season in particular has not aged well, it was massively under the influence of Gene Rodenberry so they were restricted in how much they could move away from the influence/style of the original series, it gets better and better as it ages and after Rodenberry's death it really moves into its own (I can't stand the original series tbh). The subsequent spinoffs are really good and my personal order of preference is something like:

Enterprise

DS9

Voyager

TNG

(I'm a huge Trekkie, as is my wife which is how I knew she was the one for me within the first few hours of meeting her) 🙂

Edited by Paul..
  • Thanks 1
On 11/02/2021 at 09:11, Holmowl said:

Can’t really discuss it as it’s a spoiler, but I loved the ending. Felt frustrated for about 15 minutes while I mulled it over, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it.

Plus, when you’ve enjoyed a series so much there’s no such thing as a satisfying ending because deep down you are sorry it’s over.

I'm with you there.

I shouted at the TV after it ended.

Made myself a cuppa.

Came back and then thought about it for the next few days and thought absolutely brilliant.

Not many shows can leave you hanging with different fan theories believing what actually happened.

• Like 2

Just finished Informer on netflix. Was on BBC a couple of years back. Not bad I thought. Few nice twists in there.

So many Serial killer/ Killer behind bars/he killed me/who killed them type things on Netflix now

• Like 1

We have stuck with Marcella S3 for 7 of its 8 episodes.

We will watch the 8th and final episode tonight just because we’ve invested 7 hours into it. But I wish we hadn’t. 

If you can ignore how utterly implausible it is...

Started slow and confusing.

Went thru a slow, confusing and up-its-own-arris stage

Seems to be heading towards a rediculous ending

• Like 1

Very interesting watching Its A Sin - I remember that time period of the Aids adverts and stuff so its a good watch. I dont like Russell T. Davies writing and some of its a bit cheesey. The "Ive pissed in the coffee pot" was funny as well as the "I'm not gay!? - you just have to stick you face in the poo so you can smell the roses" line from Stephen Fry was funny.