Vincent Sasso signs - OFFICIAL

On 8/17/2016 at 14:45, Liamswfc92 said:

We aren't going to sign a Lewis Dunk-type player (not him specifically but someone of that ilk) just to sit on the bench.

Sasso, for me, would make sense.

Thats the bottom line - some people need to be realistic here...he wont be a regular but when called upon he did ok.

He is young too and will likely get better with time and experience 

Guest wilyfox

It's a good value signing if he performs. Otherwise, it's just another wage. People keep saying "4th choice" as though they rarely get called upon. With simultaneous injuries we've had at centre-back in recent years, they often do. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

His contract at Braga has been terminated today, so he'll be joining somebody on a free!  :biggrin:

Nice one. On a free, it's a no-brainer. He looked decent enough last season, made quite a few appearances and never let us down. Now he's had time to get used to the league, I'd expect him to be a bit more consistent this time around.

If we do indeed confirm Sasso on a freebie, that's super business again. As has been said above, total no-brainer if that's the case. He may not be dynamite but he'd easily make *at least* the bench every week for most teams expected to finish in the top half of this division.

Edited by Mr. Tom

13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Let's be honest, it's a good signing on a free

Exactly, no bedding in time ready to go CB, who will fit they dynamic and give much needed immediate back up, still feel we need to replace Loovens mind.

It's without doubt a good signing whether on a free or a loan.

5 CB's consisting of:

Lees

Hutchinson

Loovens

Sasso

Semedo

Thats very good depth & quality for this league.

Sasso had a few dodgy moment last year, but there definite improvement & quality and he fits in to our squad with spending last year on loan.

One of the standout individual performances last season for me was Sasso away at Fulham, when he was up against McCormack & Dembele. He was bloody brilliant that day, against two of the divisions best strikers.

Very welcome addition.

2 minutes ago, BRADDAZ said:

It's without doubt a good signing whether on a free or a loan.

5 CB's consisting of:

Lees

Hutchinson

Loovens

Sasso

Semedo

Thats very good depth & quality for this league.

Sasso had a few dodgy moment last year, but there definite improvement & quality and he fits in to our squad with spending last year on loan.

One of the standout individual performances last season for me was Sasso away at Fulham, when he was up against McCormack & Dembele. He was bloody brilliant that day, against two of the divisions best strikers.

Very welcome addition.

Lees excellent, but not dominant in the air.

Hutch is injury prone so more than likely will miss plenty of games.

Loovens is injury prone and also not dominant in the air.

Sasso will get hammered against any big strong striker. O'grady etc.

Semedo is league one standard at best.

Add to the fact Hunt and Pudil arent top 2 standard i think it'll be our defence that let us down.