It's A Praise for Sheffield Wednesday

Sorry if this has been covered already, I haven't trawled through all the threads to check but.....

Just wanted to say how magnificently Mr C and the club have handled the Forestieri situation.

Clear message to keep hands off our best players.

Support for Forestieri in terms of whatever was bothering him (some misunderstanding on FF's behalf apparently)

A clear statement to FF that his behaviour was unacceptable and ensuring he apologised to everyone.

Clear and quick statements issued to explain the position to fans, and to point out we must forgive and move on for the club's sake.

The request for everyone to draw a line under this and move on.

We could have seen a matchwinning, very special, almost irreplaceable, player leave us and this would've had a massive impact on our season. Thankfully however, this has been a magnificent lesson in how to handle such a situation, the decisions taken by all have been spot on and a masterclass in diffusing a potential disaster scenario. Brilliant PR job in cleaning this up.

Well done SWFC.

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I really must stop working, spending time with the kids, and fishing, so I can keep up with Owls Talk.

Thanks

lol

Bizarre, I do the same yet I could see the millions of threads dedicated to it. But anyway, moving on........

On 17/08/2016 at 06:41, theowlsman said:

Sorry if this has been covered already, I haven't trawled through all the threads to check but.....

Just wanted to say how magnificently Mr C and the club have handled the Forestieri situation.

Support for Forestieri in terms of whatever was bothering him (some misunderstanding on FF's behalf apparently)

A clear statement to FF that his behaviour was unacceptable and ensuring he apologised to everyone.

Clear and quick statements issued to explain the position to fans, and to point out we must forgive and move on for the club's sake.

We could have seen a matchwinning, very special, almost irreplaceable, player leave us and this would've had a massive impact on our season. Thankfully however, this has been a magnificent lesson in how to handle such a situation, the decisions taken by all have been spot on and a masterclass in diffusing a potential disaster scenario. Brilliant PR job in cleaning this up.

Well done SWFC.

As usual - perfect summary  Simon

On 17/08/2016 at 06:41, theowlsman said:

Well done SWFC.

But we don't have stripes, the badge isn't what the fans want, it's too expensive and attendances will be 10,000; I DEMAND that we go back to the days of a crap team, no money and legal threats (and/or action) pointed at fans.

#sarcasm

we still don't know 100% why he didn't want to play, his head was turned by 1 club, we will never know, if it was premier league it would be easier to forgive, if it was a championship club (personally think it was newcastle) makes me doubt his own thoughts of our prospects this season, newcastle losing those opening 2 games could have made a massive difference, one thing is for sure we need to be up the top end of the table come may or ff will be off, its added pressure to this season.

I tend to agree with theowlsman, and that it was a job well done, but we don't really know.  I could be, for example, that it was a successful bid for a pay rise, that the chairman's statement was just spin for the fans, that a star player was seen as having been forgiven all too easily, and that team spirit went for a Burton.  I don't think so, but you never know.  I think we can assume that the agent is still tapping up Premiership/foreign teams, and that Wednesday are tracking possible replacements (you'd hope we'd be doing that anyway, for all positions).  Keep up the fishing owlsman - it's a good antidote to professional sport.

3 hours ago, Alfie Tupper said:

I tend to agree with theowlsman, and that it was a job well done, but we don't really know.  I could be, for example, that it was a successful bid for a pay rise, that the chairman's statement was just spin for the fans, that a star player was seen as having been forgiven all too easily, and that team spirit went for a Burton.  I don't think so, but you never know.  I think we can assume that the agent is still tapping up Premiership/foreign teams, and that Wednesday are tracking possible replacements (you'd hope we'd be doing that anyway, for all positions).  Keep up the fishing owlsman - it's a good antidote to professional sport.

Plussed you as you had one negative and you don't seem that bad....theowlsman is right of course

2 hours ago, Lombado said:

Plussed you as you had one negative and you don't seem that bad....theowlsman is right of course

Cheers mate - much appreciated.  This is my first attempt at any form of social media and I don't think I'm coming across quite right - I'll get better (or jack it in!).  I probably deserved negging for the pun on Burton.