Can Fessi Win Back Owls Fans Hearts?

Just now, ViolaOwls said:

Players walk out or threaten strike all the time to get new deals

Not saying it doesn't happen, but the idea that it happens all the time is a bit ridiculous. 

It also doesn't excuse what FF did, regardless of how talented he is. 

Doubt you'd be defending Adthe if he behaved in a similar manner. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Not saying it doesn't happen, but the idea that it happens all the time is a bit ridiculous. 

It also doesn't excuse what FF did, regardless of how talented he is. 

Doubt you'd be defending Adthe if he behaved in a similar manner. 

I'd love Adthe to walk out on us, along with semedo, palmer and most of the list on the other thread. But bad players don't walk out so your quote is now "ridiculous"

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

So its silly then?

So it never happens all the time in football and only this time?

Open your eyes man, happens all the time.

Just look at that pillock that turned up at QPR the other season on transfer deadline day live on sky

You said "it happens every week in the premier league" yet your only example is from 3 years ago so again stop making stupid statements when  trying to defend the bloke.

Open your eyes man the only time it ever happens it's all over the news which is why you can remember the guy going to QPR.

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

I'd love Adthe to walk out on us, along with semedo, palmer and most of the list on the other thread. But bad players don't walk out so your quote is now "ridiculous"

So it's ok for players who you rate to go on strike. 

Great logic. 

20 minutes ago, curren said:

You said "it happens every week in the premier league" yet your only example is from 3 years ago so again stop making stupid statements when  trying to defend the bloke.

Open your eyes man the only time it ever happens it's all over the news which is why you can remember the guy going to QPR.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Great logic. 

Bore off chaps

Said in previous FF topics it was bang out of order and he owes us big time. Never ONCE said it was ok to go on strike. I accept his apology and move on, after all we all make mistakes in like, but your probably mr perfect

Read what I said also curren when I say I don't follow premier league football, I follow swfc in this country and don't give a flying fornicate about any other english club. I was merly commenting on what a Liverpool fan I work with said.

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Great logic. 

This is my gripe. People saying "at the end of the day he's our best player....." it annoys me that the persons footballing ability is what determines whether they are allowed to disrespect the club. The fact he's our best player is utterly irrelevant. Doesn't matter who refuses to do the job they're paid to do, whether it's forestieri, lachman or someone who works in the ticket office

Just now, poite said:

This is my gripe. People saying "at the end of the day he's our best player....." it annoys me that the persons footballing ability is what determines whether they are allowed to disrespect the club. The fact he's our best player is utterly irrelevant. Doesn't matter who refuses to do the job they're paid to do, whether it's forestieri, lachman or someone who works in the ticket office

Exactly. 

There's no denying FF's talent, but that doesn't give him free reign to act how he pleases. 

Footballs fans are a fickled bunch. 

On one hand they bemoan the lack of loyalty, yet they'll happily see their club bend over backwards and indulge someone who hasn't shown any respect. 

Fernando can win the fans back in time, but he has to prove himself on and off the pitch. 

His behavior in the last few weeks simply wasn't acceptable and no amount of talent can excuse that. 

Us fans have no idea if the players and manager have laughed it off or are spitting feathers.

I hope they have moved on without issue, but if not Fessi needs to be sold and sold now.

It will be telling if we step up our efforts to get Adam Reach or another left winger.

I'm hoping he got a bit of stick when he got on the bus to go Burton.  That's what I would do at work, a couple of sly jokes so he knows you haven't forgot but have still got a good working relationship. 

Just  a question, if the game wasn't live on Sky do people think it would get the same coverage as it has? 

Just now, BathgateBob said:

I'm hoping he got a bit of stick when he got on the bus to go Burton.  That's what I would do at work, a couple of sly jokes so he knows you haven't forgot but have still got a good working relationship. 

Just  a question, if the game wasn't live on Sky do people think it would get the same coverage as it has? 

Sly jokes eh bit of a bully are we?  Like to humiliate people in front of their workmates? …  You wanna watch it he might get his dad on to you.

14 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Sly jokes eh bit of a bully are we?  Like to humiliate people in front of their workmates? …  You wanna watch it he might get his dad on to you.

I think he has humiliated himself with no help from others and let he his teammates down so yes a bit of humour could work in the situation to ease it.

I am all for keeping him, he didnt deserve to start last night but hopefully he has shown this week behind the scenes that he deserves to start the next game.

Will he? Only Carlos knows.

he can build on his second chance or he can blow it away it;s his call ,if he is sincere about it and the team and manager have accepted his appollogy then hopefully the goals will start to flow again ,to love him as were is a big ask , He is back at square one now so it's down to him to prove he is sorry on the pitch and knuckle down and do the job to the best of his abillity ,

Just now, Saxondale said:

My prediction is (which I'll be delighted to be proved wrong about)

we lose against Leeds, FF becomes solely to blame for the poor form in the last 2 games for "upsetting the dressing room" etc. Then he's eventually sold before the window shuts. 

Seriously? 

Why be so flipping negative. 

Embarrassing. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Seriously? 

Why be so flipping negative. 

Embarrassing. 

lol

Calm down mate, I thought it was a football forum for expressing opinions and different views. Not a group for us all to hold hands and sing songs and agree with each other. Silly me. 

Im just saying that's how a lot of the fanbase operate. Always a scapegoat to be made and FF will soon become it unless we win Saturday. Quote me on it if you like. I'm sure me being "negative" will have absolutely zero effect on anything that happens anyway so I don't know why your knickers are twisted.

:stuwinky:

Fair enough lol 

I know what you meant though. 

He has made a rod for his own back and they'll be some pretty hefty scrutiny on his efforts this Saturday. 

Edited by SiJ