How would you handle it?

Paying him what he's worth might be a good start. If his value now is of the same ilk as that of McCormack,  or t'old favourite Rhodes, then surely young Lochinvar should be getting paid like them, shouldn't he? If that's what he thinks, then I agree with him. I just don't think striking is the right way to go about it. There's £150 million at stake, so his wage increase is a mere trifle. Anyway, we can always bin him off when we've gone up. No doubt then we'll not be able to shift him.

Very much depends on DC/CC's attitude towards FF, for his niave lack of loyalty towards them.

DC may have his business head on and see FF as important part of him achieving his stated aims. On the other hand he may react with his heart  , as honour may be everything to him.

CC will see the threat of the damage done to his team's spirit  (being all important) and the lack of trust now within  his relationship.with FF. CC knows with time and backing from DC, he could replace FF come January.

I can't see either DC or CC massaging FF's ego very much in the short term, so the question will be how will Foresteiri handle the added pressure and convince everyone he is a reformed character.?

9 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Very much depends on DC/CC's attitude towards FF, for his niave lack of loyalty towards them.

DC may have his business head on and see FF as important part of him achieving his stated aims. On the other hand he may react with his heart  , as honour may be everything to him.

CC will see the threat of the damage done to his team's spirit  (being all important) and the lack of trust now within  his relationship.with FF. CC knows with time and backing from DC, he could replace FF come January.

I can't see either DC or CC massaging FF's ego very much in the short term, so the question will be how will Foresteiri handle the added pressure and convince everyone he is a reformed character.?

Replacing ff with someone as good will not be easy. 

We might have a couple of expensive mistakes,  before we get it right.  Replacing ff will be as hard replacing di  canio. 

I think FF needs to use the 'divide & conquer' strategy.

If he comes out & says he agrees with the pricing structure, it will completely throw people. 

The ones that basically forgave him and roughly agree with DCs pricing will be unaffected. 

The ones who forgave him but disagree with the pricing structure will be thrown into an inward looking debate of conscience.

The ones who still want him publicly executed for his betrayal but agree with his stance on the pricing issue will be forced to decide which is the most important to them.

The ones who want him publicly executed and who strongly object to the pricing policy, will be even more in favour of public execution with his entrails dangled on the South Stand bridge

Either way it will cause the debate to go off at a tangent and before you know it it will be 100 pages about that capitalist pig Forestieri justifying the crazy prices that are killing the game as we know it and the sole reason we didn't get 86,000 for the opener against Villa.  

Within a few days his original sin will be forgotten. SWFC (the poster not the club) will still demand the ultimate sanction, entrails & all and Rickygoo who was fairly sanguin about the FF no show, in light of FFs endorsement on ticket prices will now demand life imprisonment as the death penalty would infringe FFs human rights. 

No show, what no show!!

Genius!!!

:biggrin:

Edited by bigthinrob

What you mean no public execution?

I was looking forward to a really good hanging and drawing followed by ritual disembowellment, castration and his genitalia and entrails being burnt in front of him before the beheading and the quartering.

Ah well, guess a fine of a couple of weeks wages and back to business as usual will have to do!

P.S. If you get on the pitch tomorrow Fernando one of your specials would be the best form of apology!

I wonder if he took a look at the league tables after the weekend and realised that the only clubs who had shown an interest, Newcastle and Derby, had got one point out of twelve between them, and decided they were not such good prospects after all. 

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I don't think he wants to go. If he'd have wanted that he'd have put in a transfer request. He just wants paying what he's worth, and leaving would be a last resort.

Think if you hand in a transfer request you pretty much waver the right to a percentage of the transfer fee which could be around 10% of the deal. If it was all about money which it seems it is then then thats a huge chunk of moola to be giving up and would probably take him a couple of seasons worth of increased pay to make up. Im pretty sure him and his agent would stand to make a lot more money from him moving rather than just signing a new contract