How would you handle it?

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, dnhc said:

IF it turns out that this is a family related problem, and not as we all believed...

then he likely requires our support and understanding...

not abuse, punishment, and vengeance...

Carlos would not have sold him out live on Sky if that were the case. 

If he is sorry and wants to play, I would.

Fine him two weeks wages, donated to Children's  Hospital.

Tell him if his performances warrant it, his contract would be reviewed in six months.

Tell him no more public statements about the incident, including social media, from him or the club.

Apology to his fellow players at the training ground.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

If he has been apologetic to his team mates and CC - they will know if is genuine or not - then start him v Burton.

Just get on with it 

And ensure he is not paid any less than anybody else at the club. Apology from whoever agreed to pay the rumoured £40k pw to Fletcher if that is more than FF was getting and pass it off as an oversight.

I'd have to think what message it sends to rest of squad for him to get straight back involved. I would also have to think what potential there is for a divisive reaction in front of a home crowd. I think he either gets thrown back in at Burton (start or bench) or you leave it a couple of games.

On that basis, I may be inclined not to involve FF against either Burton or Leeds. Then involve him, either from the start or from the bench away at Brentford. Hope he does something magical, which then makes his integration and likely acceptance at Hillsborough less of a side-show when we play Wigan at home (by which time hopefully we are top of the league!).

4 minutes ago, victorturner said:

And ensure he is not paid any less than anybody else at the club. Apology from whoever agreed to pay the rumoured £40k pw to Fletcher if that is more than FF was getting and pass it off as an oversight.

Your the only one who is rumouring fletcher is on 40k per week. And why would anyone need to apologise for giving an international player who has only played in the top league of every country he's played football in a good contract?