How would you handle it?

It's a tricky one for sure but I reckon you may well be right regarding starting on the bench.

I have a feeling he could still be sold for even bigger money before the end of the transfer window, but I also have a feeling he could go on to give us 2 or 3 years of exciting football and relative success with 1 or 2 of those seasons in the Premiership!

C'mon Fernando, make us all adore you again ffs!  

Guest wilyfox

Sell him to a premier league club if possible. We get top dollar. He gets his move for more cash, agent gets his cut. We don't help a rival. Money to replace. Problem player removed. Best suits all parties. Issue resolved. 

Hard to say when we don't know if he wants to be here or not. Also, from whose perspective?

If about the money then...

From a Chairmans POV, I would have a meeting with him and tell him he is a valuable player at the club and understand his frustration but obviously he only signed the contract 1 year ago which he was happy with. Circumstances change though and each players contracts will be reviewed where necessary such as Lees. Shows us what you can do and we shall talk again around Christmas

From a manager POV, I would put an arm around him and make sure listening to the player. Not really anything he can do though except try keep him focused. Re-assure him he is a brilliant asset to the club and the chairman duly rewards players who work hard and perform well such as Lees and Westwood. His time will come

In the press I do feel Carlos has been pretty cold towards him. Not saying he isn't right too, but sometimes it can come across as he doesn't care. I know it's not his place to get involved in personal matters, but maybe a bit more support is needed, not necessarily saying he agrees with what was done though

9 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

HE'S apologise now  fined two weeks wages.

just let him prove himself on the pitch now.

if he does it again will never get my forgiveness and he can f****** off

Would we all feel the same if it had been Jack Hunt or Liam Palmer...?...NUHIU???

Course we wouldn't...The knives would have been out , torches lit, villagers marchin' up Penistone

WE ought to take a good look at ourselves in this situation....

I'll play my hand...

I'm a hypocrite..If FF carries on playing for us, as he has been playing I'll find it totally acceptable...I'll be a total t* sser when I cheer his goals...He will be the same when he kisses the badge or does the little hand love heart f.ookin' things...There we will be...a pair of rascals revelling in our hypocrisy...thats football...

Edited by asteener1867
.//

If he has been apologetic to his team mates and CC - they will know if is genuine or not - then start him v Burton.

Just get on with it 

If he has been apologetic to his team mates and CC - they will know if is genuine or not - then start him v Burton.

Just get on with it 

4 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Hard to say when we don't know if he wants to be here or not. Also, from whose perspective?

If about the money then...

From a Chairmans POV, I would have a meeting with him and tell him he is a valuable player at the club and understand his frustration but obviously he only signed the contract 1 year ago which he was happy with. Circumstances change though and each players contracts will be reviewed where necessary such as Lees. Shows us what you can do and we shall talk again around Christmas

From a manager POV, I would put an arm around him and make sure listening to the player. Not really anything he can do though except try keep him focused. Re-assure him he is a brilliant asset to the club and the chairman duly rewards players who work hard and perform well such as Lees and Westwood. His time will come

In the press I do feel Carlos has been pretty cold towards him. Not saying he isn't right too, but sometimes it can come across as he doesn't care. I know it's not his place to get involved in personal matters, but maybe a bit more support is needed, not necessarily saying he agrees with what was done though

clues in the title mate lol

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Agreed. I think the apology stems from the fact that there were no concrete offers other than the joke offer from Derby.

I would also think anyone on the verge of placing a bid may have taken a different stance after his behaviour.

If we were about to sign a player who decided to go on strike, I'd prefer we pulled out. 

Buying club probably knew and supported what he planned to do. I very much doubt this was a mistake on FF's part. He's not the first footballer to angle for a move away; he won't be the last. He knew what he was doing. Players don't refuse to play unless their mind is made up. Suspect he's now trying to avoid burning bridges before the club tapping him up make a serious offer. 

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Would we all feel the same if it had been Jack Hunt or Liam Palmer...?...NUHIU???

Course we wouldn't...The knives would have been out , torches lit, villagers marchin' up Penistone

WE ought to take a good look at ourselves in this situation....

I'll play my hand...

I'm a hypocrite..If FF carries on playing for us, as he has been playing I'll find it totally acceptable...I'll be a total t* sser when I cheer his goals...He will be the same when he kisses the badge or does the little hand love heart f.ookin' things...There we will be...a pair of rascals revelling in our hypocrisy...thats football...

I cannot answer for all the fans everyone in moderation deserves a second chance