David Jones

Spent ten million this summer. Just have a little think about that. But agree a decent C B and we are on our way. On our way to the premier league we're on our way!

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Owlstalk.

Jones has won promotion to the prem 4 times FFS. I've no idea how Zeus rates a player, but Jones is another top-end championship performer with years of prem experience as well. 

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

didnt he once score a injury time winner for derby against us many years ago......or was that another jones

That's him Billy Davies celebrated like he'd won world cup 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Jones has won promotion to the prem 4 times FFS. I've no idea how Zeus rates a player, but Jones is another top-end championship performer with years of prem experience as well. 

Wonder if Jones would be a defensive midfielder or to be Bannan's competition in the squad. They seem to be quite similiar ? Both left footed 

Is he actually a holding midfielder or can he just do a job there? Never struck me as a win the ball and move it on type (could be wrong) just more in the mould of our other more technical players

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

That's him Billy Davies celebrated like he'd won world cup 

thought so ...he takes a mean free kick then coz he scored another at turf moor. 

9 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Agreed, I'm still slightly concerned we've spent nearly £10M this summer and still not sorted out a key position. 

If your talking about cb i would have thought its quite clear that hutchinson will be regarded as a cb from now on. We also have loovens who has proved his worth over the past 2 seasons. If we were to sign another cb to play ahead of hutchinson and loovens then i would say he must be one hell of a player and surely wouldnt come cheap. I think we will probably only see a back up quality cb come in but i could be wrong. Also i could be wrong in thinking you were suggesting we need a cb in the first place WTF:

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Wonder if Jones would be a defensive midfielder or to be Bannan's competition in the squad. They seem to be quite similiar ? Both left footed 

Carlos seems to love midfield all-rounders. Even Abdi, regarded as an attacking centre-mid. Some of his tracking back and last-ditch challenges have been excellent in his first two games. No idea how Carlos is gonna keep them all happy, but it should be great viewing. We're assembling a midfield that can really impose and dominate games. 

Be a good signing.

Good footballer, bags of experience at the top end of this league, will suit our style of play and adds some much need depth to our central midfield options.

Good work SWFC