Wimbledon / Bolton

21 minutes ago, Jay1867 said:

I've heard a lot on here about clough. But is he coming back from an injury or something? Just seems strange were after a kid that can't break into Boltons first 11

Or maybe 'his head isn't in the right place'?

I don't know if the same manager is still at Bolton as was there last season, but I definitely remember reading (somewhere) that quite a few Bolton fans were annoyed at his team selection. Leaving out the highly rated Josh Vela was definitely one of his crimes (good young player and all), so that might have something to do with it. Really don't know

All I'll say is, there's a reason that he gets mentioned a fair bit! Has had very little game time, but has shown himself to be quite a talent when he's been on the pitch. 

The general consensus is that there's no way he'll be a Bolton player come September 1st... far too good for league one

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I don't know if the same manager is still at Bolton as was there last season, but I definitely remember reading (somewhere) that quite a few Bolton fans were annoyed at his team selection. Leaving out the highly rated Josh Vela was definitely one of his crimes (good young player and all), so that might have something to do with it. Really don't know

All I'll say is, there's a reason that he gets mentioned a fair bit! Has had very little game time, but has shown himself to be quite a talent when he's been on the pitch. 

The general consensus is that there's no way he'll be a Bolton player come September 1st... far too good for league one

Its Phil Parkinson now mate, so different manager

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

no djorkaeff or Hierro? what about Campo for holding mid?

No, I got it wrong. We're finally signing Sasa Curcic. 

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

Josh Vela

was he their little left wing at our place last year?

Whoever it was, I was scared every time he got the ball.  Don't know if that was his norm, or he just played out of his skin against us, but he was superb.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Whoever it was, I was scared every time he got the ball.  Don't know if that was his norm, or he just played out of his skin against us, but he was superb.

that was Wellington Silva, who was on loan from arsenal mate

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Vela's a right footed defensive midfielder mate

Still, their club was such a shambles at the time it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he ended up out there lol