Joao

Will all the fuss centring around off the field issues, I think it's only fair the ones on the pitch get the recognition they deserve.

Joao was outstanding today. Norwich didn't know what to do with him. He created space, held the ball up, ran in behind, he genuinely looked the talent we all saw in patches last season. 

He could have had his goal but for a last ditch tackle, its good to see a young lad knuckle down and not let internal club issues affect his own performance. He's definitely one for the future and, if he keeps playing like that he's got every chance of nailing a first team place.

For all his positive second half he was poor offensively first half. Barely challenged for a header (apart from in our box where he was excellent), was soft and shoved off ball easily. Reminded me of Madine. Second half was spoiled by not hitting the one on one first time and giving the defender the opportunity. Still lots of positive, and more game time if the sulk is gone will only help. 

Just now, Loppy said:

For all his positive second half he was poor offensively first half. Barely challenged for a header (apart from in our box where he was excellent), was soft and shoved off ball easily. Reminded me of Madine. Second half was spoiled by not hitting the one on one first time and giving the defender the opportunity. Still lots of positive, and more game time if the sulk is gone will only help. 

Not true Loppy. He not only challenged for headers but, unlike last season, he won them.

Much improved showing today.

He's an enigma, is João. He does some lovely stuff at times, but he looks disinterested at others and the game can pass him by. I just wish there were a greater sense of urgency to his game, as if he could add a bit more aggression and tempo, he could be pretty special.

This has to be the season where his potential is realised, though.