Sign in to follow this  
Cersei

Do we want FF to play again?

16 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If you genuinely don't want him playing in the team again then you are mad. He is our best player, we are a much lesser side when he is not there. Is he in the wrong? Yes, can it be fixed? Of course it can.

Whos to say we can't invest the money on someone better?

Southampton worked out the reality of modern football and have options lined up to replace players (most of them better than FF (who's never played in the premier league)

Take the emotions out of it.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, scram said:

Plenty of people on here have been advocating just that!

Right, fair enough, obviously not going to happen.

Do you think Chansiri could realistically stick to his guns, not sell him in this window and see what attitude the player has in the next few months. Would his value plummet by the January transfer window if his attitude didn't improve and he was frozen out of action for a while?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Right, fair enough, obviously not going to happen.

Do you think Chansiri could realistically stick to his guns, not sell him in this window and see what attitude the player has in the next few months. Would his value plummet by the January transfer window if his attitude didn't improve and he was frozen out of action for a while?

I would bet my house to a fiver that FF will not be here for 3 more years yet remain outside the 1st team

That's just nonsense

3 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Southampton worked out the reality of modern football and have options lined up to replace players (most of them better than FF (who's never played in the premier league)

Very true, if we sell FF for £12m+ and we expect Chansiri had at least £5m to spend on the team too.

Take tonight's team and add that £17m+ of talent and that's pretty exciting really 

Edited by Southie_Owl

35 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Our best player since Di Canio and it's the Di Canio saga all over again 

I'd hope our fans would learn from that 

It's worse in my opinion, Di Canio was not supported, like Fergie did with Cantona, and Richards had to save face and be shown to be strong.  

The be club have done nothing to FF

We we all know Richards was after that FA role. That he got not long after

Just now, scram said:

I would bet my house to a fiver that FF will not be here for 3 more years yet remain outside the 1st team

That's just nonsense

Completely agree, I was asking what your opinions were on the chances of him being frozen out until the next transfer window.

4 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Not sure Saints are a great example tbh - i'm really interested to see how they have replaced Mane and Pelle, but anyway...

When Watford got promoted FF was a peripheral figure - Abdi was absolutely instrumental

Abdi must be played central imo and then we will see the best of the best player outside the premier

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

In hindsight in the Di Canio situation we should have put an arm around him and stuck up for him. Like man Utd did with cantona and Liverpool did with Suarez. 

As at least he probably would have played for us again and we could have got a fair price for him

The FF situation is different as he's decided he doesn't want to play for us (we obviously can't stick up for him for that) so either we make sure we get a fair price for him, or he can go to Italy for the rest of the season and ride a push bike

I agree but the main mistake was that if he didn't want to be here we still sold him for nothing. At least that shouldn't happen this time. 

Di Canio was mad as a box of frogs and felt left to stew (probably wanted out regardless) 

Carbone played it badly but had been in a struggling side for a number of seasons and found himself on the bench. Our best player. So whilst he was a div you can see why.

Forestieri is onto a good thing here, he said so the other month. Big money clubs have come down and struggled already, we seem steady. But he's gone from being cheer leader and our best player to sacking his team mates off. That's worse than any of the above in context. It's a huge call and I'm not sure he's even capable of making it.

• Agree 1

The ball is in FF's court. CC's statement tonight telling how it is will have shook Nando and quite right. 

Word is is he was offered a new deal £30k pw, he wants £40k. Fletch on £35k. 

DC playing hardball. 

IF FF wants to stay and he apologises quickly then it seems a deal can be done. 

Big IF tho, because no one knows only him what he wants to do

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, scram said:

Not sure Saints are a great example tbh - i'm really interested to see how they have replaced Mane and Pelle, but anyway...

When Watford got promoted FF was a peripheral figure - Abdi was absolutely instrumental

Abdi must be played central imo and then we will see the best of the best player outside the premier

I get what you are saying, 

But Saints have been picked to pieces over the last 3 years, and they are still standing.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Completely agree, I was asking what your opinions were on the chances of him being frozen out until the next transfer window.

I'll be honest - i dont have a clue

I don't know where this has blown up from or what its about - and nobody else seems to know either so its all speculation

I really wouldnt be surprised if he was back in the team in short order - otherwise i'm sure we will sell - maybe even in this window

11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Very true, if we sell FF for £12m+ and we expect Chansiri had at least £5m to spend on the team too.

Take tonight's team and add that £17m+ of talent and that's pretty exciting really 

As far as I'm concerned anything under 12m in the current market is robbery.

Would give us a lot of flexibility regarding FFP

I woke up this morning gutted at the news, FF is arguably my favorite player in a team that I love.

But this is life. Move on, don't whine.

As I said before, I've seen better players than FF for us, and I will again.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, scram said:

I don't think Saints are finished with using the Mane and Pelle funds to buy new players. I expect the new manager will have a look at the team for the first two weeks then we'll see saints making more signings at the end of August. 

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree but the main mistake was that if he didn't want to be here we still sold him for nothing. At least that shouldn't happen this time. 

Di Canio was mad as a box of frogs and felt left to stew (probably wanted out regardless) 

Carbone played it badly but had been in a struggling side for a number of seasons and found himself on the bench. Our best player. So whilst he was a div you can see why.

Forestieri is onto a good thing here, he said so the other month. Big money clubs have come down and struggled already, we seem steady. But he's gone from being cheer leader and our best player to sacking his team mates off. That's worse than any of the above in context. It's a huge call and I'm not sure he's even capable of making it.

Agree with most of that. Carbone shouldn't have walked out but for Wilson to leave our best attacking player by a mile on the bench was destructive to the team - this was at a time before squad rotation and resting players had really become a thing. Wilson did not have the managerial experience to be able to handle top players and the chairman didn't want to do anything to rock the boat that might effect his personal ambition so we cut off our nose to spite our face with both of the Italians and paid the price financially and on the pitch.

FF has walked out of a tight knit group who have big and realistic expectations for this season. He has been the talisman and fans favourite but if he has spat the dummy out because of interest from other clubs, or because he is earning less than a player we have signed who has spent the whole of his career playing top flight football then he has let himself down.

4 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

As far as I'm concerned anything under 12m in the current market is robbery.

Would give us a lot of flexibility regarding FFP

I woke up this morning gutted at the news, FF is arguably my favorite player in a team that I love.

But this is life. Move on, don't whine.

As I said before, I've seen better players than FF for us, and I will again.

Thanks to McCormack we won't sell FF for less than £12m. Chansiri is clever enough to know what value the best players in this league have now.

So although I am gutted he wants to leave, I'm confident we will get the money to make our team even better than it is now 

I like to give people a second chance. But this is an extremely tough one! 

Off the pitch and in this situation, it looks absolutely terrible and i understand some feeling this to be an unforgivable move. But if we do get him back on the pitch, i don't think he will lack for effort and application, that's just not in his footballing DNA. 

Something in this situation tells me that FF is in a strange mental state and we should be cautious with accusations. There must me more to it than money/premier league status. 

One thing's for sure, i trust the club to use this adversity to make us stronger. I expect new signings this week and our attacking/creative players to step up on Tuesday.  

26 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I get what you are saying, 

But Saints have been picked to pieces over the last 3 years, and they are still standing.

Saints also had an academy second to none and was producing a shedload of talent.  We're not there yet in terms of youth dev.

Obviously it would have been more prudent for the club to have kept this whole business under wraps and sold him without fuss if a new contract couldn't be agreed. 

But there's something thrilling about the way Carlos has thrown him under the bus, I'm not going to lie. 

Edited by WC1Owl
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, WC1Owl said:

Obviously it would have been more prudent for the club to have kept this whole business under wraps and sold him without fuss if a new contact couldn't be agreed. 

But there's something thrilling about the way Carlos has thrown him under the bus, I'm not going to lie. 

I don't think CC did it in a nasty way either, I think he did it to put the truth out there and also to try and force FF's hand and, maybe, persuade him to stay

• Agree 1