Faith in Chansiri

Think we really need to stick to our guns. If bristol city can say that they wont sell their best players to other championship clubs then so should we. Either FF makes a wholehearted apology to everyone at the club or he goes into the reserves. We can then decide to sell him or even loan him out if need be, but it should only be to a premier club or a team abroad

The not for sale sign just means your bid better be big.

Remember when managers used to get the boards "vote of confidence" only to get the sack a game or two later....

If FF isnt in the squad Tuesday night he is as good as gone. We need to reach the premier not bring down the whole team because of one guy. We could sell FF and pick up 2 key players.

Edited by iliveinthenow

2 minutes ago, pickledegghiderman said:

Think we really need to stick to our guns. If bristol city can say that they wont sell their best players to other championship clubs then so should we. Either FF makes a wholehearted apology to everyone at the club or he goes into the reserves. We can then decide to sell him or even loan him out if need be, but it should only be to a premier club or a team abroad

We should sell him to whoever gives us the most money. Stop fretting. He is not that good.

Just now, S_W_F_C said:

Sorry no apology will put this right. He has crossed the line. 

It's almost irreparable.....but never say never. 

Personally if he can't/won't repair this then l'd like to see him rot until Jan and then let him go but not the club that's tapped him up and not to a champ rival. 

Agree with your sentiments OP but cant help wondering if weve bungled this somehow. Why wasnt FF given a new contract with Westwood and Lees; this has deterred interest for both of them.

Dont know for sure but kind of feels like we should have seen this coming

15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Stop fretting. He is not that good.

Gi' o'er. Yesterday he was the best player in the Championship in most peoples' eyes. (Including opposition and pundits)

8 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

Agree with your sentiments OP but cant help wondering if weve bungled this somehow. Why wasnt FF given a new contract with Westwood and Lees; this has deterred interest for both of them.

Dont know for sure but kind of feels like we should have seen this coming

My guess would be that Lees and Westwood had transfer clauses in their contracts we wanted to remove so they got new deals. If Forestieri didn't have that then he has no reason to expect a new deal, he agreed to his wage for 4 years. If he's not happy with the contract he signed then he can think about what to do differently when he signs his next one in 2 or 3 years.

Edited by Dan™

Just now, Dan™ said:

Gi' o'er. Yesterday he was the best player in the Championship in most peoples' eyes.

My guess would be that Lees and Westwood had transfer clauses in their contracts we wanted to remove so they got new deals. If Forestieri didn't have that then he has no reason to expect a new deal, he agreed to his wage for 4 years. If he's not happy with the contract he signed then he can think about what to do differently when he signs his next one in 3 years.

I totally agree but the world of football doesn't operate in the real world I'm afraid 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I understand this rot in the reserves stuff but it is pie in the sky

We can't afford the cost of that

We can't afford to allow a player to think he is bigger than the club

No matter how good he is

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Gi' o'er. Yesterday he was the best player in the Championship in most peoples' eyes. (Including opposition and pundits)

My guess would be that Lees and Westwood had transfer clauses in their contracts we wanted to remove so they got new deals. If Forestieri didn't have that then he has no reason to expect a new deal, he agreed to his wage for 4 years. If he's not happy with the contract he signed then he can think about what to do differently when he signs his next one in 2 or 3 years.

Fair enough Dan. Not saying I know either way and certainty dont know wjat clauses are in or have been in player contracts. The timing is just odd though tbh. Feels like its all about money and hes seen other key players get lucrative deals. To us fans, up until this morning, he has deserved the same. I hope the club didnt drag its heels on this when all this drama could have been headed off completely 

we should run a Man of the Week poll.

DC 50%

CC 50%

FF 0%

There is no question about having faith in Chansiri. He gives, Players take. And I have no problem with that, for it is how football works. But when a player takes LOTS, and then rubs his owner's and his manager's and his teammate's and his fans faces in it, it is shameful.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

If he walked into my fromt room right now I'd crack him one off while we watched tennis at the Olympics.

I CAN UNDERSTAND CRACKING HIM OFF YOUNG BERT  BUT COME ON MATE TENNIS THAT'S GOING A BIT TO FAR , lol