Faith in Chansiri

Apologies for yet another thread, but I wanted to take a bit of a tangent on the situation and say how delighted I am with the club's stance on the Forestieri situation.

Chansiri is basically giving a giant 'flip you' to anyone who thinks they can mess with us, whether that's other clubs, players or agents. Sends out a great message to the rest of the squad in my opinion.

If this really is how it looks I'm very happy to see Chansiri is seemingly willing to let Forestieri rot in the reserves for the next 3 years of his contract rather than sell to a promotion rival. It seems he's got balls, and a wallet to back them up.

Personally and honestly if it was me in charge I'd let him rot in the reserves, I'd take some sort of sick pleasure knowing that someone would give it all the chops and ultimately have no power whatsoever!!! I hope CC backs this up as well :) get this trending #backfire

Whatever happens next the club i.e. DC/CC has played a blinder this week.

Through all the speculation nobody on here/out there had a clue about the truth.  The refusal to play etc never came out.  

They are obviously running a tight ship.  With hindsight there may have been something in the goal celebration and him getting on his (new) bike on Twitter but truth is nobody had a clue and the news about him not travelling today was broken very late in the day.

CC's pre-match interview was straight and you could see he was angry with the player/agent.

The team responded resplendently in white.

Whether he stays or goes I think we'll be alright.

The irony is the hystericalfuckers tweeting, vlogging, updating their FB, starting threads every 2 mins only serve to fuel thei greed and self importance of some players.

We should collectively calm down with the worship. We bought him from Watford's bench and the asking price for a game changing Championship player seems to be at least 8m.  

It's ridiculous money but it seems to be the fashon to buy other teams best, proven players.  Some moves work, some don't but there's also the spoiling element to these deals.

Bit of a new world for us and so far we've done well.

If we do replace him we need to replace him with someone who is proven not to bottle it at Wembley.

2 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Apologies for yet another thread, but I wanted to take a bit of a tangent on the situation and say how delighted I am with the club's stance on the Forestieri situation.

Chansiri is basically giving a giant 'flip you' to anyone who thinks they can mess with us, whether that's other clubs, players or agents. Sends out a great message to the rest of the squad in my opinion.

If this really is how it looks I'm very happy to see Chansiri is seemingly willing to let Forestieri rot in the reserves for the next 3 years of his contract rather than sell to a promotion rival. It seems he's got balls, and a wallet to back them up.

Bang on.

Let's be reight, the gaffer and chairman have played this like a proper game of chess.

King and err manly looking queen of Portugal, sit on their thrones, whilst pawn sticks his neck out.

Either get back in with the rest of the chess pieces and play like a team or you can stand out in the field alone, for some media Bishops or Facebook castles to come and smash your back doors in. 

I'm well impressed with the running of the club. The options now are either play with the reserves or Chansiri has quite rightly said, he's not going to sell (think that means for peanuts to everyone else). 

I'm just happy we have the might of Tuna behind us because back in the day I could have ended this fiasco myself with a big mac and a fillet 'o' fish.

Atleast we aren't going to crumble this time. 

Reserves or big money. End of!

WAWAW!  well I thought we were you greedy little shizzer. 

Apologise like a little bint or rot. Your call!

Letting him 'rot in the reserves' is a waste of everybody's time and money. The longer this goes on the worse our bargaining position in the transfer market will be and the cost of covering his wages over this time could be some serious dead money.

If he refuses a revised contract offer and refuses to play he needs to be transfer or loan listed asap. We should not budge from our asking price whatever that may be. He should be suspended for this incident for sure but we need to approach this the right way. We can't afford to burn out bridges with him because if he is stuck here for now we need to get the best out of him while he is here. weeing him off is only going to sour the situation further and create more disruption and disharmony around the dressing room sullying the atmosphere.

Edit: Whatever happens I'd get a suitable replacement lined regardless even if he stays to send a clear message to him and the rest of the squad's would-be billy big testicles that nobody is irreplaceable and that a place in the squad is tenuous and should be treated with the respect it deserves.

Edited by TrueOwl

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I understand this rot in the reserves stuff but it is pie in the sky

We can't afford the cost of that

You do realise out owner is fooooooookin minted, yes we can :) 

let him him rot until the naughty boy realises what he's done and apologises.