Joelswfc's Big Thread Of Stats

26 minutes ago, Sinner said:

Crying out for a spreadsheet that. 

With a link in the best answer so it's at the top of the page. 

Just a suggestion mind. 

I've got a spreadsheet here. Far from an expert at doing them, so if anyone has any suggestions about things to add to it please say.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiYPj6FiTatzk65bxYVwN4zQvmzZ0w

Also can't promise it will be updated every match, but I will try.

7 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We were 442/433/451 etc all at different times. It's only really possible when you have intelligent players. Exciting times and I genuinely think we're going to take some stopping this season.

Exactly and its working even RDM said they couldnt get to grips with all the tactical changes 

5 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Average player positions vs Aston Villa. Just need to make sure we remember which players have what numbers!

Screenshot 2016-08-08 at 09.23.56.png

This is brilliant Joel, but what if the opposites get hold of quality info as above (as well as stuff they'll already have)?  What about the above stat from the next opposites last game, so we know what to expect (ie, from Norwich in the next game)

top, top effort and great reading!!

6 minutes ago, swinners said:

This is brilliant Joel, but what if the opposites get hold of quality info as above (as well as stuff they'll already have)?  What about the above stat from the next opposites last game, so we know what to expect (ie, from Norwich in the next game)

top, top effort and great reading!!

Thanks mate. For our biggest matches I will do that, if I find some more time this week I will try and see what I can get about Norwich.

Couple of things Joel, if i may.

Is the MOM your personal selection?

It could be interesting, if you put the times at which the goals are scored, see if there is a pattern of scoring early - mid - late in games?

Cheers

1 minute ago, SouthStandParty said:

The only football stats that are relevant or interesting are the final score and the league table.

Shove your stats up your American tinted arris!!

Allardyce admits to being a dinosaur, but he is a massive user of stats about his own players.

48 minutes ago, MAL said:

Couple of things Joel, if i may.

Is the MOM your personal selection?

It could be interesting, if you put the times at which the goals are scored, see if there is a pattern of scoring early - mid - late in games?

Cheers

The man of the match is the player who is given the highest rating on most of the websites/sources that I use. Obviously it is hard for a computer to give MOtM, but I thought this one was fair. The rating shouldn't be taken as gospel though for obvious reasons.

And I will add your second point onto the spreadsheet when I get a chance - great idea.

Not that I want to make work, but the Spreadsheet should include the opposition for comparison OH and while you are about it can you do it for all teams in the division separated home & away including bar charts, pie chart and of course cumulative data per game/week/month/half season/season.

If I think of anything further I'll get back to you.

1 minute ago, Cameregg said:

Not that I want to make work, but the Spreadsheet should include the opposition for comparison OH and while you are about it can you do it for all teams in the division separated home & away including bar charts, pie chart and of course cumulative data per game/week/month/half season/season.

If I think of anything further I'll get back to you.

Not that I want to be rude, but the opposition is on the spreadsheet. I know you are having a bit of a joke, but the quality of other graphs and charts depends on how much time I use for this and how bored I get!

7 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Obviously if anyone has any requests for stats I will do my best to try and answer them, so please do request stats if you want them.

How many sit ups do I need to do to get rid of my podge so I don't look fat in that lovely white 3rd kit we are releasing???

Ta in advance WTF: