Forestieri

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I didn't think at the time "oh his isn't celebrating much"

I'll be honest, I didn't think that either

But that was probably because I was distracted at the time... I jumped up and punched the air, forgetting that my parents' house has pointlessly ornate low hanging light fittings. I've broken my finger.

Wish I was making any of this up :duntmatter:

Just now, StudentOwl said:

But that was probably because I was distracted at the time... I jumped up and punched the air, forgetting that my parents' house has pointlessly ornate low hanging light fittings. I've broken my finger.

Why weren't you there you part timer? lol

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Worth it

1) The game had been heading for a hard-fought draw for 20min when we scored from a fortunate (for us) error by a debut keeper that had played fairly well

2) We hadn't really 'earned' such clear cut chance as that in the 2nd half on balance

3) FF had worked hard for 85min, failed to convert a couple, nicked a couple of half chances off other players, and was probably under more pressure to deliver from our fans than anyone

i don't blame him at all for not going off like an over-sugared kid when he stuck that away. Mixture of massive relief, exhaustion and humility.

Two further points:

i) He loves it here and *if* he does at any point get drawn away by a massive wage/profile hike, it will be a very tough decision for him.

ii) Unless silly money is offered, we won't sell, and even if that means he's denied talks he'd ideally like to be allowed, he's not going to undo his stellar career resurgence by suddenly sulking, playing half-assed and letting the fans down. He's built up too much to lose (and he has no ill will whatsoever towards our support).

In summary, this all seems a bit daft, no?

Only Wednesday fans could start panicking because he didn't "celebrate" the goal, perhaps next time if he rips his top off, sprints upto the top of the kop and starts waving his johnson about maybe that'll show more enthusiasm to certain people. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

This exactly

He's definitely not 100%. Remained professional but there didn't seem to be much in the way of his usual passion or enthusiasm. Hopefully it's more of a blip than some sort of foreshadowing. Certainly as much as I despise the BS rumours that swell around here, the timing of the rumours of having a falling out, coupled with his seeming lack of enthusiasm today, have worried me a little.

Still, £15 million no less surely as an asking price. Can pick up Hakim Ziyech for that... :ph34r:  (Fully aware jumping about 16 guns with that one)

So another negative post this time regarding Forestieri and he's definitely not 100%, to go along with your earlier post saying how lucky Wednesday were and didn't play well at all. God you really haven't taken yesterday's defeat well at Bolton have you?

Just now, Coyt said:

So another negative post this time regarding Forestieri and he's definitely not 100%, to go along with your earlier post saying how lucky Wednesday were and didn't play well at all. God you really haven't taken yesterday's defeat well at Bolton have you?

Wondered how long it'd take someone to say that

Look at my post count, look at my reputation points. Look at my actual content. Look at what I've said in the past and even in the present. Anyone who's on here regularly will actually see and say I'm a Wednesday fan.

It's very easy to see criticism and dismiss it instead of actually challenging it. I'm being critical because expectations have been raised, and I'm looking at it objectively. If you want to dismiss that as being a blade, by all means do so, but I assure you you're extremely wrong and even 5 minutes of looking at my past posting history would show you that

Look at my post count, look at my reputation points. Look at my actual content. Look at what I've said in the past and even in the present. Anyone who's on here regularly will actually see and say I'm a Wednesday fan.

It's very easy to see criticism and dismiss it instead of actually challenging it. I'm being critical because expectations have been raised, and I'm looking at it objectively. If you want to dismiss that as being a blade, by all means do so, but I assure you you're extremely wrong and even 5 minutes of looking at my past posting history would show you that

Not sure why but this amused me. 

LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Jesus that's an emotional post,  have you been on the marching powder tonight?

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Not sure why but this amused me. 

LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest it amuses me too lol

Apparently an undercover blade manages to post over 5,000 on this site with no-one noticing... not only that but said blade then gets a 'like' on half of his 5,000 posts. That seems a bit unlikely to me 

Just now, Coyt said:

Jesus that's an emotional post,  have you been on the marching powder tonight?

No, I just wonder how someone can be so stupid as to overlook that, if I was a blade, what I posted was generally quite popular on here. Which would make no sense. Also, as far as I'm concerned, you accused me of being a little bit scummy (or being a blade). And as I said in an earier post in this thread, I literally broke my finger celebrating FF's goal.

So ya know... understandable I'm a bit tilted, no? :rolleyes:

To be honest it amuses me too lol

Apparently an undercover blade manages to post over 5,000 on this site with no-one noticing... not only that but said blade then gets a 'like' on half of his 5,000 posts. That seems a bit unlikely to me 

No, I just wonder how someone can be so stupid as to overlook that, if I was a blade, what I posted was generally quite popular on here. Which would make no sense. Also, as far as I'm concerned, you accused me of being a little bit scummy (or being a blade). And as I said in an earier post in this thread, I literally broke my finger celebrating FF's goal.

So ya know... understandable I'm a bit tilted, no? :rolleyes:

I love your little insult that I'm stupid when you come out with comments like Forestieri has certainly got something on his mind because he didn't celebrate a goal like a player should. Quality.