Forestieri

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Also agree with kendoddsdad in the main but honestly don't think CC is the grudge bearing kind. Think he will fully embrace the apology and their will be a way back for Fernando.

What I do think however is that there is little or no chance of CC playing FF at Burton, Carlos will feel ( rightly in my view) that there has to be a penalty for such a huge error on Fernandos part and he will not feature at Burton if he did it would possibly send out a weak message.  Think he will play at Hillsborough or start on bench. Hope fans don't react negatively.

If it wasn't Burton and no disrespect to them I might agree. But this is a game we should expect to win so we have to put out our best side

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, darra said:

If it wasn't Burton and no disrespect to them I might agree. But this is a game we should expect to win so we have to put out our best side

He might look at the opposition and think "glad I can dish my punishment" out on a weaker team. Then let him loose on Leeds

Just seen an article supposedly from the Yorkshire post saying that Newcastle are looking to buy Forestieri and Wells and it will cost them in the region of 8 million. If Wells is available on a free I think we should get him.

1 hour ago, darra said:

Just seen an article supposedly from the Yorkshire post saying that Newcastle are looking to buy Forestieri and Wells and it will cost them in the region of 8 million. If Wells is available and they'll pay us 7mm to take him I think we should get him.

:rolleyes:

On 14/08/2016 at 23:54, scram said:

He has apparently turned up for training today

He can be fined for his refusal to play at Villa (depending on circumstances - none of us really know but we assume its financial)

As long as he turns up for future training and makes himself available for games then he can no longer be fined just because he isnt playing - as that would be a selection decision

He can be fined a maximum of 2 weeks wages so far - unless the club appeal to the PFA and our case gets their approval - which very rarely happens

Here you go Scram, in case you want to practise being pedantic again in future. "If FF refuses his services then he is in breach of contract and should forfeit the lions share of his wages for every week he does not play".

IF Fernando refuses to play mate, not "if Fernando has a bout of flu", not, "If Fernando gets dropped by Calrlos", not, "If DC tells Carlos to drop Fernando", and not if anything else that your highly trained imagination wants to add to the point I was making.

I am sure we have all made mistakes when our minds weren't fully on our jobs and I have worked with someone recently who had all sorts of things on their mind and made a massive mistake that left everybody in the s***. Everybody wished he had stayed at home afterwards, so maybe Fernando did us all a favour. The team put on a great show at Norwich, getting better and better as the game went on. I really thought that Norwich were the most likely team to give us a good hiding this season, so it was no mean feat. If FF had played with things on his mind and pulled his foot away from a leg breaking challenge at just the wrong time we could be missing him for a match through suspension, could have cost us the game or whatever, but he didn't, because he didn't feel able to give it his best.

There are loads of theories (and even more threads) which discuss in detail what people think may have happened and been said. For all we know Keiren Westwood and Tom Lees may have been waving their fat new contracts in Fessi Nando's face singing, "we've got new contracts, we've got new contracts, you've not, you've not", while pulling rude faces and if they did that to me I wouldn't want to play in their team on Saturday either.

Come on Forestieri put it right with 20 goals for us this season. UTO!

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

I don't care if Nando's statement and DC's statement were written by the same bloke (did I get my spelling right in both?), the sentiment expressed in each is the only way forward in my humble and totally unbiased opinion.

My favourite bit from Nando's  DC's statement is....

The most important thing is how we all move on together and draw a line in the sand. Therefore, as your chairman, I am asking you all to show the same forgiveness and give 100% support to Fernando the very next time he wears the colours of our club.

(Taken from the other official SWFC site).
Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/dejphon-chansiri-club-statement-3251701.aspx#EWVGmVxzdL3oYPoi.99  

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Can't stomach some of the cant on here, especially from those who think themselves intellectual giants.

Probably brownosing the boss for 50 quid a week more, or some tinpot promotion to paperclips department.

Come on, most of sell ourselves for more money and often make big mistakes doing so.

If there was another player other than FF who could get really help get a team out of Championship, Newcastle and Derby would have bought him buy now.

We need him, preferably firing on all cylinders, and sinking Leeds before half  time Saturday. Reality.