Our best free transfer ever?

1 minute ago, RobbieOwler said:

Pretty sure Stuart Gray said he was signed on a free. Yorkshire Post says so too http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/sheffield-wednesday-v-leeds-united-has-tom-lees-performed-better-than-united-s-defenders-this-season-1-7226105

Maybe we're only saying it was undisclosed to save Leeds their blushes. Free can be undisclosed and that's the only fee I've actually seen from a reliable source.

I don't think we paid Leeds anything, but definitely paid something. Think it was the payment Leeds needed to pay to Lees. 

36 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Semedo! Nope not the best player, but the club has improved season on season since we signed him and is the epitome of passion for the club that has helped drive forward the club. Was a driving force in the mind the gap season and was quintessential in 2 seasons ago's incredible run of not conceding goals. 

Nowhere near 

29 minutes ago, RobbieOwler said:

Pretty sure Stuart Gray said he was signed on a free. Yorkshire Post says so too http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/sheffield-wednesday-v-leeds-united-has-tom-lees-performed-better-than-united-s-defenders-this-season-1-7226105

Maybe we're only saying it was undisclosed to save Leeds their blushes. Free can be undisclosed and that's the only fee I've actually seen from a reliable source.

BBC said it was for an indisclosed fee. Wouldn't be surprised if Leeds have a sell on clause in there. 

Hard to single out one because of different circumstances , 1920s players generally frees or very minimal transfer fees , modern players free because clubs want them off their wage bills , frees released as juniors and develop or free  because of Bosman transfers. 

Personal favourite free Kevin Pressman , 15 years service and saw off two International No 1s and the highly rated Matt Clarke during his time with us.

Very unlucky never to win a full cap considering some of the keepers who have been capped since he retired. 

As has been said, Brunt, Whelan, JP McGovern were excellent freebies during a difficult time. But I don't think we were able to make the most of any of them.

In terms of our current squad, loovens, Hutchinson, Lee and even Nuhiu have been great value signings when you think of where we were when they joined and the contribution they have made toward where we are now. 

Kenny Lunt deserves a special mention.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

As has been said, Brunt, Whelan, JP McGovern were excellent freebies during a difficult time. But I don't think we were able to make the most of any of them.

In terms of our current squad, loovens, Hutchinson, Lee and even Nuhiu have been great value signings when you think of where we were when they joined and the contribution they have made toward where we are now. 

Kenny Lunt deserves a special mention.

Kenny Lunt lol 

he goes in the list with Donnelley , O'Donnell , Branston and Kim Olsen 

32 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Wasn't Waddle got on a "free" ?

Even if he wasn't, what he did for our club it was worth every penny, probobably best signing we ever made.