Rival watch

Guess there's many more twists and turns to come. It's just surprised me a bit that we are suddenly 8 and 9 points behind Leeds and Reading. Admittedly we've had to play Newcastle, Huddersfield and Brighton as well as a resurgent Wolves, in form Preston and the South Yorkshire derbies recently. But then when we played Bristol last night and couldn't finish them off it probably says more than I'd want it to say. 

We Wong catch dirties or reading they're 8&9 points clear of us. Udds next two games are Brighton and dirties. However we have derby Fulham and Norwich pushing lime mad. Any two from five methinks......and I'm not sure well do it this season. We just aren't playing with that confidence to win enough. CC really really needs to kick on now

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Can't stand how we don't go at teams man it's getting to me. It's getting to me not only when we play but seeing other clubs capitalise on our mistakes. 

Been saying for many months that we should be patient because it would come with time. But now i agree, it's the time to start making our mark. We need to make our move and , with Rhodes, we have spent a lot of money. People will rarely criticise a team for going for it and falling short, but negative tactics leave you very open to criticism. Has to be two up front and Forestieri on the wing. Drop Reach. Must admit id not seen an awful lot of him, apart from a couple of games against us before  he signed, but he seems to be one of those players who you keep thinking will suddenly come good because of the price tag, but I must admit I haven't seen a great deal so far 

1 minute ago, Shelley Owl said:

Been saying for many months that we should be patient because it would come with time. But now i agree, it's the time to start making our mark. We need to make our move and , with Rhodes, we have spent a lot of money. People will rarely criticise a team for going for it and falling short, but negative tactics leave you very open to criticism. Has to be two up front and Forestieri on the wing. Drop Reach. Must admit id not seen an awful lot of him, apart from a couple of games against us before  he signed, but he seems to be one of those players who you keep thinking will suddenly come good because of the price tag, but I must admit I haven't seen a great deal so far 

Genuinely think Adam Reach is a perfect metaphor for the whole team this season. Like you say, expensive but hasn't actually lived up to the hype and isn't positive enough going forward. 

1 minute ago, Brammy said:

I see Leeds winner came from something called a 'cross' into the box.

Could someone remind me what this is?

Pah. 

Crosses are overrated. 

Football of the future will be judged by how many sideways passes you can make. 

We are way ahead of the curve. 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Can't stand how we don't go at teams man it's getting to me. It's getting to me not only when we play but seeing other clubs capitalise on our mistakes. 

We have been scraping results and ridden our luck.

when performances are unconvincing but still yielding points it doesn't take a lot for it to go the other way.

I don't think there has been one game this season so far where we have been comfortable or blown teams away in the way those above [and some below] us have.

Instead of building on last season, we have reinvented our vibrant, imaginative selves into some geriatric toothless shadow...

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Anyone get the impression we've just been sleep walking along this season assuming we will make top six?

I personally think there are some players (not all) who think they're a bit better than they actually are and have ended up falling for the hype of last season. 

The sign of a good player/team is the ability to go again and prove that the previous "success" wasn't a one off. 

Time for some of these lads to step up and actually show they're good enough, rather than pratting about the pitch like a wannabe Iniesta.