Rival watch

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I see our rivals as United, Leeds and Barnsley in that order. Wins over them mean more than wins over anybody else - couldn't give a t0ss about Rotherham or Doncaster.  

My heart really goes out to you lot with the exodus of players - isn't it like out of the 18 players in the squad for the play off final, only 8 are left? Then I read today that Roberts and Scowen are off as well. That really can't be nice. You've recruited well with Mowatt and James and done outstandingly well to get up to 7th. I just can't see you sustaining that form, but this season surely already goes down as a job well done. I hope you get to reinvest some of the fees that are coming in.

Seven remain from last season. Remarkable really. We lose good players and somehow keep finding great replacements. How long that can continue, I don't know. But this is our first year back and we're 7th with millions in the bank, 14,000 crowds and a real good atmosphere around the club. I'm enjoying it. No expectations. 

It's nice to see the league table with Huddersfield, Leeds, Wednesday and Barnsley all up there. All approaching it in different manners. It's about time the Premier League had proper Yorkshire representation, and you'd have to think one of us might make it this season. I'd be amazed if we managed it, but then, I've been amazed for the last 12 months.

3 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Seven remain from last season. Remarkable really. We lose good players and somehow keep finding great replacements. How long that can continue, I don't know. But this is our first year back and we're 7th with millions in the bank, 14,000 crowds and a real good atmosphere around the club. I'm enjoying it. No expectations. 

It's nice to see the league table with Huddersfield, Leeds, Wednesday and Barnsley all up there. All approaching it in different manners. It's about time the Premier League had proper Yorkshire representation, and you'd have to think one of us might make it this season. I'd be amazed if we managed it, but then, I've been amazed for the last 12 months.

It's impressive. Be churlish to say otherwise.

Sean Goss to Queens Park Rangers from Machester United.

One for the future.

Aaron Tshibola to Nottingham Forest from Aston Villa. 

Poor signing.

Tyias Browning to Preston North End from Everton.

Great signing.

Semi Ajayi to Rotherham United from Cardiff City.

One for the future.

Adrian Popa to Reading from Steau Bucharest.

Good enough for Championship.

Edited by aeroswfc

On 1/29/2017 at 15:25, WhiteyBFC said:

Think you're seeing summat that isn't there, pal. 

Alan Biggs did the game for 5 and my assessment was more or less word for word the assessment he tweeted on the night of the game 

Barnsley far and away better side 1st half, Wednesday better 2nd and result probably correct over the 90