1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

On what level ?

Because you played well 1st half ?

Football matches unfortunately run over 90mins plus 

Barnsley were great for about 30 mins in the 1st half definitely bossed the game but got nothing 

We were the better side 2nd half and over the 90 imo and got 2 goals where is the hard done by bit ?

Think you're seeing summat that isn't there, pal. 

15 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Even if Barnsley had managed to keep hold of Winnall and Hourihane I still wouldn't have backed them to make the top 6, now they've no chance.

Hourihane going is a blow.

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

As long as no one inside the Club shares your opinion about discounting the Dingles we should be ok

just cant see them keeping the pace with them losing half their team. Work in Barnsley and most fans have given up the ghost of the play-offs now but love winding us that they are going to catch us up.

If they do its us that have under-achieved 

17 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

I can only speak for myself, and I see Wednesday and United as our rivals, based on my 30 years watching us. We've played each other regularly, we live next door etc. So I get up for these games. Whereas it's rare we've had to play Doncaster or Rotherham in that time. 

No interest in how you see us, doesn't affect me. I want us to win every game, but of the current 91 other league clubs, I value victories over dem blavdes and yourselves plus Leeds much more than I would a win against Rotherham, Ipswich, Port Vale, Southampton, whoever. Because you're local to us and are historically (over 100 years or more) better than us and have bigger fanbases etc. The fact Barnsley has a large amount of Wednesdayites and Leeds fans, that adds to it. 

So aye, you're our rivals in my eyes.

Can't comment on the Winnall/Bree/Hourihane stuff. Not interested really. All left, irrelevant to us moving forward but wish them well as we stand to make more money off them if they continue to excel as players.

I see our rivals as United, Leeds and Barnsley in that order. Wins over them mean more than wins over anybody else - couldn't give a t0ss about Rotherham or Doncaster.  

My heart really goes out to you lot with the exodus of players - isn't it like out of the 18 players in the squad for the play off final, only 8 are left? Then I read today that Roberts and Scowen are off as well. That really can't be nice. You've recruited well with Mowatt and James and done outstandingly well to get up to 7th. I just can't see you sustaining that form, but this season surely already goes down as a job well done. I hope you get to reinvest some of the fees that are coming in.

1 hour ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Hourihane going is a blow.

But losing your top goal scorer is no biggie!? :duntmatter:

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

But losing your top goal scorer is no biggie!? :duntmatter:

Give it time. You'll get it.

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I see our rivals as United, Leeds and Barnsley in that order. Wins over them mean more than wins over anybody else - couldn't give a t0ss about Rotherham or Doncaster.  

My heart really goes out to you lot with the exodus of players - isn't it like out of the 18 players in the squad for the play off final, only 8 are left? Then I read today that Roberts and Scowen are off as well. That really can't be nice. You've recruited well with Mowatt and James and done outstandingly well to get up to 7th. I just can't see you sustaining that form, but this season surely already goes down as a job well done. I hope you get to reinvest some of the fees that are coming in.

Seven remain from last season. Remarkable really. We lose good players and somehow keep finding great replacements. How long that can continue, I don't know. But this is our first year back and we're 7th with millions in the bank, 14,000 crowds and a real good atmosphere around the club. I'm enjoying it. No expectations. 

It's nice to see the league table with Huddersfield, Leeds, Wednesday and Barnsley all up there. All approaching it in different manners. It's about time the Premier League had proper Yorkshire representation, and you'd have to think one of us might make it this season. I'd be amazed if we managed it, but then, I've been amazed for the last 12 months.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Seven remain from last season. Remarkable really. We lose good players and somehow keep finding great replacements. How long that can continue, I don't know. But this is our first year back and we're 7th with millions in the bank, 14,000 crowds and a real good atmosphere around the club. I'm enjoying it. No expectations. 

It's nice to see the league table with Huddersfield, Leeds, Wednesday and Barnsley all up there. All approaching it in different manners. It's about time the Premier League had proper Yorkshire representation, and you'd have to think one of us might make it this season. I'd be amazed if we managed it, but then, I've been amazed for the last 12 months.

It's impressive. Be churlish to say otherwise.

Sean Goss to Queens Park Rangers from Machester United.

One for the future.

Aaron Tshibola to Nottingham Forest from Aston Villa. 

Poor signing.

Tyias Browning to Preston North End from Everton.

Great signing.

Semi Ajayi to Rotherham United from Cardiff City.

One for the future.

Adrian Popa to Reading from Steau Bucharest.

Good enough for Championship.

Edited by aeroswfc

brentford winning Villa

lol

Splash the cash they said playoffs they said big club they said .

_40631974_jim203.jpg

barnsley now 2 down to wolves

villa now 2 down

Villa truly diabolical first half. Classic team of individuals. Has there ever been a more overrated show pony than Henri Lansbury.

Its free on Sky mix btw

• Agree 2

very impressed with Jota for Brentford.

• Agree 1

Derby showing what you do to teams who are struggling.

4 minutes ago, marconi said:

very impressed with Jota for Brentford.

Jota and Hotter both. Very neat up front Brentford