Rival watch

1 hour ago, MAL said:

And the happy clappers keep saying we are doing better than last year.

He He, just thought i would get Neil some more site visits :rolleyes:

Been to Rovrum game today dingles were extremely lucky to get a win definitely against the run of play 

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Been to Rovrum game today dingles were extremely lucky to get a win definitely against the run of play 

Not sure about anyone else on here but considering the fact that they've just lost their top goal scorer and also their most creative midfielder in the space of a week, does anyone seriously consider Barnsley to be real playoff contenders?

I have to admit I don't think they'll finish anywhere near the top 6.

15 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

It was supposed to be a joke pal, albeit apparently not a good one :blush:

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not sure about anyone else on here but considering the fact that they've just lost their top goal scorer and also their most creative midfielder in the space of a week, does anyone seriously consider Barnsley to be real playoff contenders?

I have to admit I don't think they'll finish anywhere near the top 6.

Not really. Apparently they've played poorly and scored against the run of play. Barnsley fans acting like there going to gate crash the playoffs and getting a bit carried away. Hopefully we'll see them drop off in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, overlandandsea said:

Not really. Apparently they've played poorly and scored against the run of play. Barnsley fans acting like there going to gate crash the playoffs and getting a bit carried away. Hopefully we'll see them drop off in the next few weeks.

It was an even game, both sides hit the woodwork, similar amount of efforts, corners, possession etc. Nowt in it. Except our goal. 

Think they'd won three of their last four at their place, beat Norwich t'other week. No such thing as an easy game in this division.

Happy to take another three points considering the week we've had. 

No idea what'll happen for the rest of the season, other than the fact we aren't going down. And it's still January. Remit achieved.

Can just attack the rest of the season now, relaxed, no pressure, no expectation, see where we end up. Within our financial means. 

Little old Barnsley. 

17 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

It was an even game, both sides hit the woodwork, similar amount of efforts, corners, possession etc. Nowt in it. Except our goal. 

Think they'd won three of their last four at their place, beat Norwich t'other week. No such thing as an easy game in this division.

Happy to take another three points considering the week we've had. 

No idea what'll happen for the rest of the season, other than the fact we aren't going down. And it's still January. Remit achieved.

Can just attack the rest of the season now, relaxed, no pressure, no expectation, see where we end up. Within our financial means. 

Little old Barnsley. 

A win is win, it doesn't matter how it comes really. If you reach the play offs, no one is going to say you don't deserve it because you didn't play like Real Madrid away at Rotherham. 

18 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

All fair points whitey tbf.

i still expect you to slide down the league sooner rather than later though 

Good luck for the rest of the season, I might see some of you on April Fools Day. Although I still think that might be shifted for TV coverage, especially if we haven't slid down the table. :stuwinky:

1 minute ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Good luck for the rest of the season, I might see some of you on April Fools Day. Although I still think that might be shifted for TV coverage, especially if we haven't slid down the table. :stuwinky:

Hope not. We don't get the privilege of playing on a Saturday any more. Its rare.

Just now, WhiteyBFC said:

Don't talk like you're leaving us whitey, you lurk on here most weeks 

37 minutes ago, Rogers said:

A win is win, it doesn't matter how it comes really. If you reach the play offs, no one is going to say you don't deserve it because you didn't play like Real Madrid away at Rotherham. 

Correct.

Didn't Wednesday only scrape by them at Hillsborough recently, dodgy penalty was it?

I felt we were hard done by at your place a while back, but we lost 2-0. Results count, not performances.

2 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Correct.

Didn't Wednesday only scrape by them at Hillsborough recently, dodgy penalty was it?

I felt we were hard done by at your place a while back, but we lost 2-0. Results count, not performances.

We scraped a win and played poorly indeed.  However no team in the country has scored as many injury time goals as ourselves. Nearly 25% of our goals have arrived in the 90th+ minutes. I bet there's some that's missed them all lol 

Edited by TheEnchanter

2 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

Don't talk like you're leaving us whitey, you lurk on here most weeks 

True, and never been disputed. Love OwlsTalk. Cracking forum. The film poster threads and the threads tracking dem blavdes are some of the best things on the internet.

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We scraped a win and played poorly indeed.  However no team in the country has scored as many injury time goals as ourselves. Nearly 25% of our goals have arrived in the 90th+ minutes. I bet there's some that's missed them all lol 

Your habit for late goals nearly matches dem blavdes' habit for penalties. Or signing really average footballers.

Rotherham are a funny bunch. There's absolutely no animosity or rivalry from us to them, but at the start of the season they tried to create some. They told our fans online that Frecklington was better than Hourihane, that Bradshaw turning them down didn't matter because they had some random scotch player anyway, that they get bigger crowds and they'd be waving us goodbye etc. 

Doncaster tried all that last season too. 

This last 13 months has been very pleasing. garymegson