Rival watch

Just now, whatdial said:

Hanley is poor, I mentioned it when people were banging on about paying £5m for him. Bad player

He was breathing out of his arse from the 10th minute onwards. The booking he got for knocking the ball out of the keeper's hands is the attitude we're better off without.

4 minutes ago, whatdial said:

Let's not forget dwight Gayle. £10m for a player that has scored double figures once in his career. We got hooper for only £3m!!!

Agreed - dpn't get the hype about Gayle

I think they could have bought a much better striker for that money

Never been a fan of Hanley either - they'd have been better keeping Williamson

Think Gayle will come good and score well this season but will need the team firing behind him. 

Tonight too too many of their players were way off the pace. No one more than Hanley who looks the type that needs to play week in week out to keep in shape. 

59 minutes ago, whatdial said:

Let's not forget dwight Gayle. £10m for a player that has scored double figures once in his career. We got hooper for only £3m!!!

Too right mate. We've done some very clever business the last 12 months. 

Tbh I'd expect Newcastle to come good too. But I also thought that about QPR a couple of seasons back. Fantastic individual players, but shocking teamwork. Hopefully it'll be a similar scenario on the Toon. I can't see Rafa seeing the season out either 

Always thought Fulham would win this. Had a £3 bet on them which only returned a tenner, just wish they'd scored second half instead as had draw HT and Fulham win second half too.

Newcaslte are bound to start slow. They've gone and bought a set of players who are yet to really play together and thus yet to gel. But I felt the key difference last night wasn't that they hadn't gelled but they didn't look as up for it as Fulham. It showed the difference between players playing for the club or for the wage in my opinion.

Edited by big_orme

I think Newcastle and Villa players ( hopefully) might take a couple of games to realise that they can't just turn up and win and that the championship is a very good league. Think Norwich will finish above both of them tbh.

Decent game to be honest. Fulham looked decent, Newcastle a bit off the pace but I still expect Fulham to struggle and Newcastle to go up. The only thing I can see going against Newcastle this season is Rafa's voice is not gravelly enough to get in the officials earhole and annoy him so much that he gets the benefit of the doubt with regards to getting decisions in his favour? lol

Edited by Great Big Galaa