Rival watch

8 hours ago, malek said:

Whoever we got in Play Offs it will be very, very hard, but it is key to us that Newcastle and Brighton go up automaticly.

Newcastle have some tricky fixtures coming up. Including a trip to s6. I havent given up on catching them yet.

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Newcastle have some tricky fixtures coming up. Including a trip to s6. I havent given up on catching them yet.

Let's all forget about catching Newcastle, It ain't happening. 12 points in front of us so they need to lose at least another 5 games from  16 and that's with us winning almost all of them. We're dreaming.

29 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Could do with Cardiff follow up on their away win at Leeds tonight vs Derby. 

Norwich vs Newcastle is the tasty tie of the night. Could see Norwich winning 

Think Cardiff and Norwich can get something from those games. Although hope the later is a draw. Let us gain two points on Newcastle and pull away from Norwich too, well that's if we don't roger it up tonight which could quite easily happen. 

Another batch of interesting fixtures tonight.

As at the weekend, some potential 'should win but might not' scenarios;

Reading v Brentford

Leeds v Bristol City

Rotherham v Hudders

Brighton v Ipswich

Fulham v Forest

And, sadly, I have to include us in this bracket, simply because we should win!

Norwich v Newcastle wouldn't be a surprise victory for either imo. A draw would suit us.

On 12/02/2017 at 08:46, Plonk said:

this is the attitude i'm with you Plonk

we can take points off those around us  n the process we have 6 from the 'great' udders, 3 already from newcastle

landing a 3 pt blow on weeds would be great and if we could somehow repeat that amazing 'gap' closing run together who knows 

On 12/02/2017 at 02:01, themaskedowl said:

I'm as positive as anyone on this board (well maybe not quite) but I think we need to keep both feet firmly on the ground. We had a good win, let's just move on and think about the next match and only the next match for now. We have to be at our best from here on in and we can't control other teams results unless they're playing us. Our results are all that matter. 

Q: How do you win promotion?

A: One game at a time. 

Thats so boooorrrinngggg though! 

4 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Another batch of interesting fixtures tonight.

As at the weekend, some potential 'should win but might not' scenarios;

Reading v Brentford

Leeds v Bristol City

Rotherham v Hudders

Brighton v Ipswich

Fulham v Forest

And, sadly, I have to include us in this bracket, simply because we should win!

Norwich v Newcastle wouldn't be a surprise victory for either imo. A draw would suit us.

Expecting wins for Reading, Leeds, Huddersfield, Brighton and Fulham, no doubt about that.

If I had to pick an upset, I think Brentford are able to go to Reading and get something. Huddersfield are also away from home, so even though they have the easier fixture on paper, it's always tougher to play away and I'm sure they'll be content with a point. Either would be an upset though, especially Huddersfield given theirs and Rotherham's form.

Norwich vs Newcastle is an interesting one. If we have any hope of the top 2, we need Norwich to beat Newcastle, but then they put pressure on the 6th place we currently occupy. I'm a realist and would be amazed if we managed to push the top 2, so on that basis, a Newcastle win please. Think even a point for Newcastle would give us a mountain to climb in catching them, as it would be a good away point.

I can see Reading and Leeds dropping home points.

You can never write off a Dingle Mick side as we only know too well.

I think Huddersfield and Fulham will win and Norwich will beat Newcastle. 

When all is said and done done whatever happens elsewhere, we have our job to do against Blackburn.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Guest Copthorneowl
On 12 February 2017 at 08:46, Plonk said:

Good call.