Rival watch

Ive posted on here that our only chance is catching Huddersfield ,well take a look at there fixtures,they must be the hardest run in by far . want udders to lose 2nite n draw wi leeds . good job we beat em other wk or they would be 9pts in front of us and have tonights game to make it 12 ,there is still Norwich and Fulham who are very capable of getting into top 6 too.

Brighton and Newcastle are better than us, and I don't think top 2 was ever realistic. Newcastle have better players than anyone else, and Brighton are a couple of seasons in front of us. They finished 15 points in front of us last season, and have moved on. What frustrates me is that I don't think Leeds, Huddersfield and Reading do have better players than us. They just have managers who are performing better. It's ironic, in the past the problem was the players we had, now it's the manager and his inability to get the best out of a talented squad. I like Carlos, and the football last season was great, but we've spent an awful lot of money, and this division is getting ever more difficult to escape from. For me, this is a critical part of the season, and the way things are going we might not even make the play-offs. If we want to have a go this season, then we'll have to make a change. If we want to keep Carlos, then I think that realistically we're looking at next season, although we can't be sure anything would be any different 12 months hence. Would Mandaric pull the trigger, say we don't win tomorrow and the results go against us? In the case of Megson it was about more than just results, and he kept Dave Jones longer than perhaps he should because he liked him, so I can't make my mind up about what he would do in these circumstances.