OFFICIAL - Will Buckley signs on loan

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

They knock buckley but they have players like lua lua, Zamora and Baldock hes far better than any of them and buckley will be 4 choice not 1st like baldock is for them

If CC has signed off on this then i trust him to get the best out of him or he will just warm the bench 

Edited by stocksyuto

Even if his pace has cooled off a tad - and I'm sure he'll he very quick for our team anyway, especially with a home crowd roaring him on - I really like the fact that he loves banging crosses in. Aside from Wallace, I think we have a tendency to cut byline passes back a lot, and I'm keen to see more aerial service with Fletcher in the box now. Got a feeling those two could be worth a few goals in combination.

He's on loan and if it doesn't work out, he's easily sent back. He's got enough experience at this level, at 26 it's make or break for the lad. Let's hope he's hungry

He's not gonna feature at Sunderland, so if it works out, we might get a bargain. 

I think this signing fits in with my expectation that our remaining signings will consist of decent squad players to provide competition with the exception of perhaps one big money CB.

That would mean 3 top quality signings to bolster an already excellent squad along with some good competition in other areas (Buckley being one of those).

Edited by Beholder

Guest domSWFC

Really starting to think Carlos thinks Lees is so good he can be the whole defence by himself, then just fill the squad with attackers. Win every game 8-5

36 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Deceptively quick mate.

Like I said probably one of the fastest in the Championship.

so he looks like a plodder but is infact one of the fastest in the league ......thats a good skill to have .

I think it will always be a concern when we bring in someone who can't get a game for one of the worst teams in the Premier League, but I just have to accept that generally, Carlos knows what he is doing - a couple of loan signings last year didnt work, but in general, he has got it right

33 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

I think it will always be a concern when we bring in someone who can't get a game for one of the worst teams in the Premier League, but I just have to accept that generally, Carlos knows what he is doing - a couple of loan signings last year didnt work, but in general, he has got it right

Sounds a bit like Barry Bannan at Crystal Palace gary megson

33 minutes ago, ashamanic said:

At least he has played a few times in the prem (22 appearances) in 2014-2015.  He's not one of these players that has never played in a top drawer match, he'll be a good back up / competition for Walllace and Matias