Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DevOwls Advocate

Chansiri - Where is the line?

Recommended Posts

poorly disguised thread to have a pop at DC...like Neil says FUD

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DevOwls Advocate said:

Let me start this by saying in terms of Owlstalk terminology I am very much in the 'Clapper' camp.

 

We all can see that Dejphon is, to quote Uncle Dave, 'chucking a few bob at it'. But equally, at the same time I would suggest that we can also see that he has something of the megalomaniac about him.

 

There are many pluses and minuses to his regime so far, for example:

- Top six, playoff defeated finailists.

- Ticket pricing / membership pricing / drive to increase number of ST holders

- Investment in wages and transfer fees, that covers so far the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Pudil. Abdi, Fletcher.

- The new SWFC crest (and removal of the old crest from the Kop seats).

- The new SWFC home kit (minimal stripes)

- Random squad numbers.

 

So my question is this: What has or would he need to do to cross the line to get to the point where you would say, no matter how much money DC has, he has gone too far, and therefore you would rather he goes?

 

This is not a Chansiri out thread, just an attempt to understand how far he would have to go for some (and like some other posters on here, I have heard some thoughts from those at the club, and there is a genuine concern that the main focus of delivering a Premier League team has so many side distractions from Chansiri himself that risk the stability of our Club), so I would be interested to know from the 'support at all cost' clan what would be step too far?

Yeah reyt

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he changes the lettering on the Kop seats to read "OWVLS", then I'm out.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The line for me would be change of colour of the kit. Influencing team selection. I would prefer to stay at Hillsborough  but wouldn't complain if we moved. Don't mind if he changed kit to solid colour or a variety of stripes, fashion changes over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DevOwls Advocate said:

Let me start this by saying in terms of Owlstalk terminology I am very much in the 'Clapper' camp.

 

We all can see that Dejphon is, to quote Uncle Dave, 'chucking a few bob at it'. But equally, at the same time I would suggest that we can also see that he has something of the megalomaniac about him.

 

There are many pluses and minuses to his regime so far, for example:

- Top six, playoff defeated finailists.

- Ticket pricing / membership pricing / drive to increase number of ST holders

- Investment in wages and transfer fees, that covers so far the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Pudil. Abdi, Fletcher.

- The new SWFC crest (and removal of the old crest from the Kop seats).

- The new SWFC home kit (minimal stripes)

- Random squad numbers.

 

So my question is this: What has or would he need to do to cross the line to get to the point where you would say, no matter how much money DC has, he has gone too far, and therefore you would rather he goes?

 

This is not a Chansiri out thread, just an attempt to understand how far he would have to go for some (and like some other posters on here, I have heard some thoughts from those at the club, and there is a genuine concern that the main focus of delivering a Premier League team has so many side distractions from Chansiri himself that risk the stability of our Club), so I would be interested to know from the 'support at all cost' clan what would be step too far?

 

I wouldn't want Mr C to go but i have a feeling i'll be going next season and wishing him and the club all the best for the future, i've just become a bit disillusioned with it all.

 

The way i am feeling started with Bannans post showing his new Rolex off on Twitter, i just thought hang on i have contributed to that and i am having to pay to watch games over a 10 month period where as his new watch was pocket change to him, it just felt a bit rich kids off instagram to me.

 

I cant remember the last time i missed a home game (where i had a choice), it is years and years and years ago and as much as Wembley was brilliant as days out go, my passion for supporting the club wasn't any less when it was a freezing cold Tuesday night in January playing someone in League One, that's a measure of my feelings for the club BTW not a i wish Wednesday were in League One.

 

I know it is the cause of much debate on here but i personally feel season tickets are getting too expensive and they are being made to look artificially good value by the astronomical walk up prices and the badge change, stripes going, Kop Owl going all seem to be chipping my enthusiasm away.

 

Lets see what Sunday brings, i might find all my issues melt away with some luck.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an interesting concept. 

 

What I would like to see over the coming years ... 

 

Away stand knocked down and rebuilt 

Corners filled in 

Much more in and around Hillsborough to enhance the match day experience 

The dirty old banking and turnstiles updated on KOP 

 

I am not adverse to a new ground 

 

A huge investment in youth 

 

A MASSIVE deal made of our anniversary - including name change to The Wednesday and original kit

 

What would be too far... 

 

Change of colour 

Any red Kit at all even if it was away kit 

 

i couldnt care care less if they change the name as it would still my club 

Edited by butchpt6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

 

Without a doubt

And... good :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

 

I wouldn't want Mr C to go but i have a feeling i'll be going next season and wishing him and the club all the best for the future, i've just become a bit disillusioned with it all.

 

The way i am feeling started with Bannans post showing his new Rolex off on Twitter, i just thought hang on i have contributed to that and i am having to pay to watch games over a 10 month period where as his new watch was pocket change to him, it just felt a bit rich kids off instagram to me.

 

I cant remember the last time i missed a home game (where i had a choice), it is years and years and years ago and as much as Wembley was brilliant as days out go, my passion for supporting the club wasn't any less when it was a freezing cold Tuesday night in January playing someone in League One, that's a measure of my feelings for the club BTW not a i wish Wednesday were in League One.

 

I know it is the cause of much debate on here but i personally feel season tickets are getting too expensive and they are being made to look artificially good value by the astronomical walk up prices and the badge change, stripes going, Kop Owl going all seem to be chipping my enthusiasm away.

 

Lets see what Sunday brings, i might find all my issues melt away with some luck.

 

The best squad and football for over 20 years and you're disillusioned? I hope, like you say you're issues melt away after a few matches

To be honest after many, many years as a ST holder I nearly didn't renew last season (am I glad I did) but that disillusionment was due to the awful football and lack of goals.

 

This is a whole different ball game (though still football) :ph34r:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The line is crossed when he:

 

Changes the colour of the shirt

Changes our name

Makes Chris Morgan the manager.

 

Edited by poite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno what the line is but he's nowhere near it yet.

 

I don't mind change. I just don't like the changes to kit and badge as imo they look cràp.

 

Think the clamour to put down those that aren't happy with some things, is a bit OTT.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kate said:

I'd be upset if he changed our name and nickname. Barn Owls are bad luck in Thailand 

 

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/02/06/60-thai-superstitious-dos-and-donts-your-convenience

 

Fortunately that's just Barn Owls though (Tytonidae), which are a separate family from typical/true owls (Strigidae). The owl on our crest has ear tufts which means it can't be a Barn Owl (the only members of the Tytonidae family with ear tufts are Bay Owls).

 

I'm sure DC has looked into this closely...

Edited by punkskaphil
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

 

I wouldn't want Mr C to go but i have a feeling i'll be going next season and wishing him and the club all the best for the future, i've just become a bit disillusioned with it all.

 

The way i am feeling started with Bannans post showing his new Rolex off on Twitter, i just thought hang on i have contributed to that and i am having to pay to watch games over a 10 month period where as his new watch was pocket change to him, it just felt a bit rich kids off instagram to me.

 

I cant remember the last time i missed a home game (where i had a choice), it is years and years and years ago and as much as Wembley was brilliant as days out go, my passion for supporting the club wasn't any less when it was a freezing cold Tuesday night in January playing someone in League One, that's a measure of my feelings for the club BTW not a i wish Wednesday were in League One.

 

I know it is the cause of much debate on here but i personally feel season tickets are getting too expensive and they are being made to look artificially good value by the astronomical walk up prices and the badge change, stripes going, Kop Owl going all seem to be chipping my enthusiasm away.

 

Lets see what Sunday brings, i might find all my issues melt away with some luck.

 

Turn off Twitter then, there's a reason it gets dubbed Twatter.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

 

Fortunately that's just Barn Owls though (Tytonidae), which are a separate family from typical/true owls (Strigidae). The owl on our crest has ear tufts which means it can't be a Barn Owl (the only members of the Tytonidae family with ear tufts are Bay Owls).

 

I'm sure DC has looked into this closely...

 

This fella's days are numbered then

 

image.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colour change and name change to anything other than The Wednesday FC. I can live with the kit, I could live with a move eventually I reckon. 

 

I'm interested to know what he is doing that is making problems within the club though as the op alludes to. Get it posted so I can decide whether I care or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

we'll have to disagree on sacking managers then coz we are poles apart in out views ..........as for wenger when the arse had the 2nd best budget he won many trophies that they have now dropped to 4th-5th best budget he doesnt win so many but they always finish in the top 4 why would the arsenal board sack a bloke with that record just because some new age modern fans who dont live in the real football world whinge that they cant match the richer clubs .

I agree with you i was making a point that changing managers is not always bad. 

 

I dont want to see CC sacked as he is the best manager we have had in ages playing the best football in the division- but if he severely under performs there is not much other choice. CC would say that himself and most football managers know the pressure. 

 

You said it would be over the line with Chansiri should CC be sacked. Well why werent you over the line when others were sacked. Laws, Gray and Sturrock in recent years did a fairly good/ ok job. Laws and Sturrock then started to get poor results and they were fired. Why were you not cross at this. 

 

If DC sacked CC for whatever reason I would be upset but I doubt it be without cause and I would 100% NOT be over the line with DC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

 

This fella's days are numbered then

 

image.jpeg

 

 

On the contrary, his ear tufts prove he isn't a Barn Owl either. He's safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

 

On the contrary, his ear tufts prove he isn't a Barn Owl either. He's safe.

Called Barney Owl as in Barn Owl :columbo:

Hope he does go, never liked him. Just Ozzie for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RobbieOwler said:

Murder my family and dog

But if he just murdered your family that would be OK? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Called Barney Owl as in Barn Owl :columbo:

 

 

On Bo Selecta, Craig David's Peregrine Falcon was called Kes.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...