1 hour ago, FatBadger said:

This sounds like something called RedZone that they do for the NFL; basically the camera goes to whichever game is currently the most exciting/closest to a goal.  

It's really entertaining but I didn't think UK TV was allowed to do this at 3pm on a Saturday?

I don't think I would buy that. What I want to buy is live coverage of Wednesday 

18 hours ago, Geedee said:

Yes there is or  certainly was.  But it's from the ark the reality is that people want live stream access to their clubs. I will be amazed  if we don't at least partially have it within 5 years

Probably bring in the American system where the game is not available on TV in the home city during the game or is on a delayed feed.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What if...

someone logs on to read the site who hasn't been on for a week

they didn't see the original thread and it's not on the first page

not everyone reads the site 24/7 

If they dont read 24/7 theyre not real fans who should f-off down t'lane :columbo:

2 hours ago, darra said:

Probably bring in the American system where the game is not available on TV in the home city during the game or is on a delayed feed.

That would work for me because I don't live in Sheffield but as far as I am concerned its full of so many holes it will become a pain. I am sure the more technical fans will work away of sending the picture via a remote service the solution  will then be all over forums such as this. It would be totally unenforceable and hated.

12 hours ago, FatBadger said:

This sounds like something called RedZone that they do for the NFL; basically the camera goes to whichever game is currently the most exciting/closest to a goal.  

It's really entertaining but I didn't think UK TV was allowed to do this at 3pm on a Saturday?

Further back in the thread I said that about live 3pm games but not sure if it applies to live highlights, I wouldn't want a replacement to soccer Saturday as how it's done is quite entertaining.

Well, I just so happened having a nose on other teams sites and found this: https://www.avfc.co.uk/FAQs

Can I watch live matches?

If you have a valid subscription to AVTV, and the Club is able to, or has chosen to stream a game live, then yes, you will be able to watch the game live via AVTV. Please note however, that due to Sky Bet Football League regulations, the Club is unable to stream live Sky Bet Football League matches (for these games, highlights packages will be provided via AVTV following the mandatory embargo). The Club endeavours to stream selective pre-season games, and various U21 games - the schedule for which will be communicated via www.avfc.co.uk.

Live audio commentary is provided for all first team games, and is included in the cost of an AVTV subscription.

So it's 100% the FL that's the problem - so essentially, they (FL) won't make as much money from streaming live games I imagine, hence why they're so resistant and backward thinking to the masses the world over, for ALL clubs.

I noticed the mention above in this thread about blocking streams to those within the city sort of thing, on the day / night of a home game. Whilst this isn't specifically pointing to that, it seems on the road to that with the highlights.

What are content embargoes?

Match highlights are subject to holdbacks or embargoes, meaning the Club is required to wait before specific content makes its way onto the website and is available for users to watch. These embargoes are determined by competition rules. Details can be found below:

For Sky Bet Football League fixtures, up to 2 minute highlights will be available from midnight on the day of the match for the UK and Republic of Ireland. The embargo is lifted from 12 noon the day after the match and this applies to all territories, extended highlights will then be available.

For League Cup fixtures, the embargo is midnight on Wednesday, for fixtures on both the Tuesday and Wednesday. As the final would likely be on a Saturday, the embargo for that game, would be from 12 noon the day after the game.

For FA Cup fixtures, the embargo for the games in which the Club participates is midday following the day of the match.