with the recent friendly games being shown online and thousands of people watching them would an online TV channel work for Wednesday? I'm sure a sensible deal could be made with the football league if approached properly. it would also help Chansiri promote the Wednesday brand in his home country and across the world and I know I'd buy an online season ticket and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I think it came up in the steering committee meeting.  Regardless it's bound to be on its way. Every football league game has camera's and commentators there already.

Games live on demand has got to be a winner.  With subscription and pay on the day options to keep our ticket price enthusiasts happy. lol

Why on every thread is there the 'thread police' who like to remind us that this thread was discussed previously on the 7th December 2011 at 1435  

FFS if Ya don't wanna read it don't flipping open it 

Edited by butchpt6

4 hours ago, Geedee said:

I think it came up in the steering committee meeting.  Regardless it's bound to be on its way. Every football league game has camera's and commentators there already.

Games live on demand has got to be a winner.  With subscription and pay on the day options to keep our ticket price enthusiasts happy. lol

Isn't there a rule in England that 3pm Saturday kick offs can not be shown live?

3 hours ago, butchpt6 said:

Why on every thread is there the 'thread police' who like to remind us that this thread was discussed previously on the 7th December 2011 at 1435  

FFS if Ya don't wanna read it don't flipping open it 

I'm asking the mods to deal with this as it's annoying as flip.

We'll be deleting posts like this from now on and deleting members who troll the site posting that kind of nonsense

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, 1867Heaven said:

Isn't there a rule in England that 3pm Saturday kick offs can not be shown live?

Yes there is or  certainly was.  But it's from the ark the reality is that people want live stream access to their clubs. I will be amazed  if we don't at least partially have it within 5 years

2 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Yes there is or  certainly was.  But it's from the ark the reality is that people want live stream access to their clubs. I will be amazed  if we don't at least partially have it within 5 years

Slightly off topic but is the new thing sky are doing with Hayley McQueen at 3pm on Saturdays similar to what German sky do instead of soccer Saturday? They basically spend the whole time jumping from one game to another with 4-5 minutes of live footage until something happens somewhere else then they switch.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Either contribute to the thread or don't mate

But don't post stuff like this. It's pointless, annoying and takes things off track

:duntmatter:

so we can start as many threads as we want? it's kinda pointless to have so many threads on one topic, no? 

16 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

Slightly off topic but is the new thing sky are doing with Hayley McQueen at 3pm on Saturdays similar to what German sky do instead of soccer Saturday? They basically spend the whole time jumping from one game to another with 4-5 minutes of live footage until something happens somewhere else then they switch.

This sounds like something called RedZone that they do for the NFL; basically the camera goes to whichever game is currently the most exciting/closest to a goal.  

It's really entertaining but I didn't think UK TV was allowed to do this at 3pm on a Saturday?

13 hours ago, pachyderm said:

so we can start as many threads as we want? it's kinda pointless to have so many threads on one topic, no? 

What if...

someone logs on to read the site who hasn't been on for a week

they didn't see the original thread and it's not on the first page

not everyone reads the site 24/7 

Owlstalk Shop